Dog Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finaly got the Afghan Hound of my dreams. I've only had her for 1&1/2 weeks and she's adjusting wonderfully. Even my cat adores her and they'll curl up next to eachother on the couch for a snooze. I only have a few pictures of her at the moment, because my computer killed my BF's memory card. Thankfully he was able to resurrect them, but I haven't had the chance to go thru them yet. Anyways here's a few picts of her.

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
Oh, she is SO beautiful. I just love Afghans. They're so elegant.

·
Registered
22,635 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Aww she is soooo cute! I want one. Love my hounds :)

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
shes beautiful, congrats. do you have any plans showing her or anything, or no?? (i dont know much about showing to know if shes quality or not lol, but i know you do show)

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
She is beautiful! I'm very happy for you.
A peke exhibitor I know from Ohio, just got the Afghan hound of her dreams too...lol Must just be the time for dreams to come true.

They truly are wonderful creatures
Enjoy every moment with her
Congrats!

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
shes beautiful, congrats. do you have any plans showing her or anything, or no?? (i dont know much about showing to know if shes quality or not lol, but i know you do show)
Yeah I'll be showing her. She's already got 7 points including a major towards her championship. I'm co-owning her with her breeder so one way or another she's going to be in the ring.

·
Registered
13,331 Posts
She is truly FABULOUS! My gosh what a STUNNING dog!

What is her personality like? Does this breed need a lot of exercise? Tell us more!

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
She's very aloof and not open to strangers, pushy people and pets who walk right up into our faces is a big pet peeve for the both of us. She'll give me some kisses & attention in the morning when it's time for her walk; after that she'll do as she pleases and entertain herself untill it's time for me to feed her.

Excersice wise I live in a condo so getting her out for walks/runs is a must. We do 3-4 walks a day for 1/2-1 hour each. Since she's a show dog it's necissary for me to keep her conditioned and not let her lay around the house and be lazy all day. Most afghans would be more then happy to have a free run for 1/2-1 hour twice a day and sleep on the couch for the rest of the day.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts