Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My pups and I will be moving to TN soon and I promised that if the PERFECT huge smudge of a dog was at the shelter when we are leaving that he or she would get to come live on my parents new farm. Well... Long story short, I found him... A month too early.
I'm supposed to be finalizing his adoption on Tuesday. My question is, how do I introduce him to my pack of crazy chihuahuas? I've watched friends dogs before and have never had any issues with them just fitting into the mix. My pups are very easy going with other dogs. But with him, I'm nervous. I don't know how he is going to handle it. He has been amazingly tolerant of everything at the shelter and is only about 10 months old.
My little ones have play pens. Would it be best to let him sniff them through the pen for a while while he checks out the house?
Any suggestions are appreciated.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Yes I think it would be best to let them sniff through the pen first while he explores, definitely. Just take it super slow, supervise closely. Good luck.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I think it would be best to let them sniff through the pen first while he explores, definitely. Just take it super slow, supervise closely. Good luck.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks... I'm thinking along those lines along with lots of yummy treats while they see him sniffing around. I just hope they don't scare the poor guy. He's 80 pounds of mush!

·
Registered
140 Posts
That's a good idea using a pen and treats for your chi's.
I have one chi and she is more trouble than all of the others put together. :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's a good idea using a pen and treats for your chi's.
I have one chi and she is more trouble than all of the others put together. :D

I'm glad someone understands! I have two... One is THE ruler of the house and the other is an anxious wreck who snaps when stressed. Between the two of them, the poor guy won't know what hit him.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts