Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting a new 12 week Toller pup and she is great. Her name is Luna. We already have a resident dog called Gibson. He is a wire hair fox terrier, and I don't know if he will get along well with Luna.
If you have any tips on how to introduce them properly, social activities, etc.

Thanks.

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
I'm getting a new 12 week Toller pup and she is great. Her name is Luna. We already have a resident dog called Gibson. He is a wire hair fox terrier, and I don't know if he will get along well with Luna.
If you have any tips on how to introduce them properly, social activities, etc.

Thanks.
Honestly what I do at first is hold the new puppy and let the original dog(s) sniff the pups rear while in my arms. I then put the pup down as long as there is no snarling and freaking out on the other dogs end and just keep a close eye on them. You can starts outside then work your way into the house. your boy may snap at the pup or snarl or bark just be calm and show him it is ok, if he has a favorite toy get it and play with him, showing him you are not forgetting about him. :) This is the best advice I can give but I am sure there are many ways to introduce. Even having somebody take the boy down to a park where you are with the girl, etc.

·
Registered
18,782 Posts
I've been bad about this as I ussually just bring the dog home and it works out ok....lolz.. They do meet briefly at the animal shelter beforehand to make sure theres not any obvious issues.....with Chili I did the same thing pawz did, I just kinda held him and eventually set him down. He was tiny and thats the only reason why I did it that way.

But with visiting dogs I let them meet outside first.

How is Gibson with other dogs?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts