Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I'm Kobeni and I'm new :thumbsup: I have a deaf pup and she's going on 22 weeks and her name is Goose. I am hoping someone could point me in the right direction, I am looking to find a thread regarding deaf dogs if there is one here. While Goose has been fantastic with learning hand signs and tricks and near perfect disposition, I do have some questions about her behavior and other dogs she comes into contact with. :ponder:
I am happy to be here and look forward to learning new things :huddle:

·
Registered
151 Posts
My aunt had a deaf dog when I lived with her. He was about 5 or 6 by that time and had been sequestered in the backyard with little/no training. I was able to eventually teach him some signs. I think deaf dogs can struggle socially, if they aren't immersed in situations where there are lots of visual cues, cause lets face it, just like with people all they have to do is turn around and you (the person) might as well not even be there anymore, and I can't even begin to imagine how much more acute their nose and eyes become to make up for the lack of hearing, which I think would work negatively for them being able to focus very well especially as a pup. Welcome to the community!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts