Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So unsure how many of you are familiar with Jessie having had colitis in the last 4-5 months? Started once she was having duck and possum, duck necks but the main thing i noticed that caused it was charlies old food nutrience chicken turkey and herring formula oh boy that was bad news then no matter what gave her duck neck , venison and liver puddles of dirrahea so on vets advise simplified her raw diet to rabbit goat and tripe for 3 months.

Now she has been having rabbit goat and tripe mix as well as green tripe itself, rabbit venison tripe mix. Recently they have bought out rabbit pieces! yay! bone in pieces she can have!

So since she has been stable for 3 months it was safe to introduce a protien i chose half a duck neck(thank goodness only half) well she had a weird mostly normal color poo with thick white mucus at the last 1/4 of it pick it up all floppy eewww. I go vets get worming tablet and gave it her. Gave her barley water too and tripe i think i over fed her and with her sore stomach she couldn't handle the amount i fed her and on the way to the new training club she vomited up green tripe ate it and re threw it up. Still went training though was off treats and off color then after on way to car stringy diarrhea.

Dr mike the vet must of seen it on my facebook esp the part i didn't want to bother him he messaged me to see how Jessie is from the colitis flare up ( i rang to ask about the poo and he told me its colitis flare up and intolerance)

So do you think its intolerance to duck her guts cant handle or both intolerance and too high fat content as duck is moderate fat?

Barley water and grains fixed her mostly overnight just tad diarrhea this morning but more consistiency of soft stool. @Rain wonders if its intolerance to duck as its similar to chicken and i do think atm its intolerance and that the worming tablet didnt help matters stupid me! Just want other opinions to see if we all come to same conclusion / opinion

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
as of yesterday evening back to herself and i made sure she didnt go for walks and just rested non stop yesterday to recover properly and she playing with toys and with harry brother mother in law calvier king charles spaniel puppy(10-11 month old). Oh and on vets advise i broke her food into 3 meals and she didnt vomit or have the runs at all after tuesday evening but still i worry.

·
Super Moderator
10,820 Posts
I'd stick with the rabbit and venison for awhile and make sure she's doing really well with no stomach problems, once she is either stick with that or give her one of the duck necks and watch her for any signs that she may be reacting to it. That'll tell you if it is intolerance to duck or if it was something else that did.

I'm so glad that she is feeling better today! Give her a hug for me and tell her to quit worrying her mommy.

Reactions: crazy

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd stick with the rabbit and venison for awhile and make sure she's doing really well with no stomach problems, once she is either stick with that or give her one of the duck necks and watch her for any signs that she may be reacting to it. That'll tell you if it is intolerance to duck or if it was something else that did.

I'm so glad that she is feeling better today! Give her a hug for me and tell her to quit worrying her mommy.
Well the vet thinks with the poo with the mucus she cant tolerate what she had the night before which would be the duck neck. But if i do ever again try the duck neck it will not be before a exam or night before training!

Reactions: Rain
1 - 4 of 4 Posts