Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So having just moved here from the UK, and always having pet insurance for my dogs, I just presumed it'd be as common as easy to get here! However doesn't seem that way! A lot if the companies I've found online have a lot of restrictions and where as in the UK they would cover 100% of vet fees, I've quickly learnt the best you can get here is 80% which I'm still happy eith. So I guess my questions are.. Any thst people reccommend and any I should stay clear from? In the UK, there were some companies which were known for being awkward on paying out and some who had great reputations, any experiences?

Obviously I know pre existing conditions won't be covered, and one of my BC's has had a bilateral FHO so I know he'll get some pretty heavy exclusions.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
VPI Pet Insurance is the best, in my opinion. Go ahead and visit the website. I love the different packages.

https://www.petinsurance.com/

This shows what they cover (for dogs) and how much money they are willing to pay to help you treat your animal.

https://www.petinsurance.com/plans-and-coverage/whats-covered.aspx

You can get a quote within minutes and you can still use your vet (or any within the USA) and as long as your pet is enrolled before age 10, your pet will never be dropped! I loved using this to see how much it would be for my Bichon to get covered. I already had to spend $1,500 in 4 months for medical bills. Bladder infection, bladder stones, dental extractions and cleaning, a tumor, a luxating patella, and a heart murmur. He's only 6 years old and I found out it'll be only $30 to get him covered with some GREAT insurance that only has a $100 deductible. I'm set for him now. Hopefully you'll check out the website and learn more. I love how affordable and helpful VPI is. Best of luck for you and your dogs!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a dog named Bieber. This is an average hound breed, he is young and healthy. Fortunately, he has no chronic diseases. The cost of his insurance per month costs me $ 65. You can get a small discount of 10%, provided that the client of your chosen insurance company sends you an invitation. Your friend will also have a bonus for bringing new customers to the company. This company petinsurancefinder offers favorable conditions for the purchase of insurance for dogs

·
Registered
7 Posts
just avoid big city vets. there rates are nonsense. i just had a tumor removal on my cat with my local vet and it was 150$. if i went to a major city vet i bet they would add a 0 to that cost..my dog had gme and the vet in the city wanted 1200$ just to look at her. some vets are just there to take advantage of you and push pet insurance so they can charge 10 times the cost.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts