Dog Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, can you please help us get the word out on the injustice that happened to us last Thursday in the fort Worth Municipal Court. Our 2 dogs were found to be "Dangerous Dogs" even though they didn't attack anybody. Our neighbor lied on oath and said that she was fearful of our dogs and she also lied that this has happened two other times. Our dogs were able to get under our fence and went into the neighbors yard. They didn't do anything except sniff around. The male went back to our yard an the female was let out on the street. The neighbor supposedly ran into the house scared to death, but I would like to know how my female dog got our of her yard when she locks her fence gate all of the time. She had to have opened the gate for my dog. Anyway, during the hearing the two animal control officers testified that our dogs were not dangerous. In fact, one of the officers, Harley Davidson, plays with our dogs everyday. Aside from the vindictive neighbor, this shows that any dog can be labeled dangerous for no reason. Everyone should no about this law and that Fort Worth does not allow appeals either. We created a website telling our story and we have a petition. Can you please sign our petition and pass it along to your friends. The website is http://saveliloandstitch.com

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
What about having an animal behaviorist evaluate the dogs and write the evaluation in detail to send to whom it may concern. They get psychologist to do it for people. Why not dogs?

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
Are planning on moving if you do get them back? I only ask because I would be afraid the neighbor might poison them or something if you do get them back.

Did you get a copy of the court report? If not I could get one as soon as possible. This is proof that they never saw your evidence nor did your neighbor supply vet or Dr bills due to injuries.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They didn't care about doing a temperament test. The two animal control officers who should really know said that the dogs weren't aggressive at all. It was the lies from our neighbor, but i really think the judge and DA had an agenda and we were doomed before we got there. a prominent local attorney as told me as much

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We have the house up for sale, and there wasn't any injuries because the dogs didn't do anything. The woman was just "fearful" of them and that was enough for the judge.

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
Someone being fearful is not a guide to an animals aggression...Where are the dogs now? Have you contacted the local news and some of the popular TV show judges..Like Nancy Grace..Joan Velez..I think is her name..I would be contacting everyone I could think of.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
they are at the fort worth animal control. They have to be there until we comply with the dangerous dog rules. We have to pay 1,000 fine, $16 a day boarding fee, have an outside kennel with a roof on it and a cement floor so that they cannot get out. we also have to post dangerous dog signs all over our house. We have to muzzle are dogs everytime we take them out. we also have to register them with the city if we move. it's a death sentence for them to live this way.

·
Banned
711 Posts
I just really don't understand this stuff.

Just watch, ten years from now, you won't be able to adopt black children in North America because "they're dangerous."

·
Registered
829 Posts
Our prayers have been answered the lexus project is taking our case. they are bringing in attorneys tomorrow to file an appeal with the city of fort worth.
i read your site info...sounds like you have been railroaded. good luck and give em hell.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I read the site info & signed the petition. I am so glad your case has been taken on, and I wish you the best of luck. This kind of injustice should never be able to slide. Good luck again to you and your gorgeous pups!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts