Dog Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are you dogs indoors or outdoor dogs. Mine are all indoor. They sleep on my bed, the take over the furniture, Im in full control and ownership of everything in my home :eek:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Indoor/outdoor

The affies sleep outside and mops is inside :D

If they come inside then usually you cant sit on the lounges because they are taken over by the affies :D

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh yes, it would be so much harder with the bigger dogs. My friend use to have her Great Dane inside and it swiped me across the legs with its tail. You couldnt even move cause he took up room lol

·
Registered
40 Posts
Our dog is a Rottweiler (he's big, about 150lbs) & he is inside. :D He's really no problem at all, never usually in the way. =P We do live in a big house, so it's not crowded, but he never usually bothers me.

·
Registered
92 Posts
inside...only time they are outside is if it's a beautiful day and we'll let them outside for 5 hours or so to get fresh air...but they aways have a covered place to go under

·
Registered
135 Posts
They sleep on my bed, the take over the furniture,
The same applies to our little dogs. :D The big dogs stay outside and do just fine. When we're home they have run of our property, at night and when we're gone they go in their kennel. In the winter their dog box is heated.

·
Registered
25 Posts
What sleep outside - you've got to be kidding!

Oh no the sheets have to be clean, and the pillows fluffed for our baby T.

No not really he has his own crate in our room, plus a lambswool mattress in the kitchen and he shares a kennel with the GSD during the day. The shepherd isn't allowed upstairs, which I feel terrible about :( but OH's rules. He has a purpose built kennel which is all insulated plus a run and access to the dog yard so it's not like he's outside really, just not inside with us.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My dog is an indoor dog. We don't have to worry about him taking up room, he's not allowed on the furniture and has his own bed.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Indoor definatley XD. My mixed breed loves being indoors - he might have been left outdoors all his puppyhood so he now loves he indoors, but he does enjoy having a nap outside XD

·
Registered
60 Posts
Outside? Ruff!

Poutine is definately an Indoor pup, Outside he is mainly with his human friends, he has a nice yard to play in, but is never out there more then a few minutes by himself.

Where I live, we have a lot of wild life, some include Owls, Hawks and we even once saw an Eagle. Poutine has a lot of bush he can hide under, but we dont leave him out there too long, we know how fast a bird of pray could come and swoop him up... He is after all very small. :dog-bone:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Sparky is an indoor dog, Usually at the cottage during the summer he's outside all day excpt at night and when it's too hot. We put him under an 'onning' when it rains. But during the other months he's 100% indoors due to his torn legamint

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I see the majority love indoors dogs. This is so good to hear as I always believe they are part of our families. I can understand some big dogs not being indoors, but if I had them big I think they would still be indoors.

·
Registered
18,680 Posts
indoor unless im outside.

Dog theft is very high here for toy breeds. Also we have som' pretty extreme weather when iam (high winds) so keeping them outside even if i wanted too wouldnt be a good idea!

how pathetic indoor dogs can be..they don't know how good they have it!

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Indoor-I think if I made them outdoor dogs they'd mutany! They must sleep with mom and dad and make sure the house runs to their specs!!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
definitely inside. The do enjoy the time to run in the fenced back yard and bark at strange cats in the yard, but boredome takes over, and they are soon barking to be let back in to make sure the house is the same as how they left it.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.