Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our dog likes to take certain bones and hide them around the home, indoors. She tries to bury as if she was outside, digging or pushing with her nose placing them behind pillows, or in her doggie bed.

Anyone come up with an "indoor" bury box of some kind for their dog? I'd like to help our dog out to give her a fun bury experience indoors.

Other than a cat litter box I haven't thought of anything. Don't what it to be too messy.

Thanks,
David

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Eh, blankets and boxes and things are usually ok. I once woke up to Stella trying to bury her bone under my body in bed.

Reactions: Cynna

·
Registered
641 Posts
All of my dogs have been prone to burying their "bones" (including toys, treats etc.) indoors, including attempts to bury them behind me while I sat on the couch reading. One dog, in particular, would "dig" holes in the carpeting by pushing it around with his nose--which never damaged the carpet--place the bone in the imaginary hole and then flip imaginary dirt up over the bone with his nose. If you pointed out to him that you could still see exactly where the bone was, he'd give you a baleful look, pick up the bone, and repeat the entire procedure in another area of the carpet. He wasn't a stupid dog by any means, but he was very OCD about that particular activity.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts