Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Incorporating dog into wedding

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  RaiderBaider 
#1 ·
Hi everyone!

It's been quite a while since I've posted on the forum because I've recently gotten engaged and have been super busy with the planning process. Leading to the question: Did you incorporate your pup into your wedding? If so, how did you incorporate your four-legged best friend(s)? Our reception location isn't dog friendly so unfortunately P won't be able to be there for the wedding, but he's such a big part of our lives I definitely want to incorporate him somehow. Right now I am planning to donate to the humane society where we adopted him in lieu of wedding favors. Any other ideas? What did you do to make your pup part of your big day?

Reactions: Sabina88
#2 ·
You could maybe have him in a little tie and in a sit-stay at the alter with the best man and groomsmen. That would be cute. But he would have to have a really solid stay.

#3 ·
We're still working on a solid stay. He does well with it at home but not in a distracting environment like this would be. :/

#5 · (Edited)
Honestly, unless you're planning a small, informal wedding in your backyard, I'd leave your dog at home. Dogs, like small children, can upstage a wedding, and the attention should be on you and your fiancé as you exchange your vows, not on your dog, no matter how adorable he may be. And, the last thing you probably want is for your wedding to end up on America's Funniest Videos if your dog decides to mark the nearest bouquet when you have your first kiss as husband and wife!

Maybe you could include some photos of you and your dog if you are planning to show a slideshow or video to during the reception. You could also display some photos around the table in which your guests sign in.

Also, I want to add that the wedding and reception will be a whirlwind of activity for you and your soon-to-be husband. Adding the care and supervision of your dog would just complicate your day.

#6 ·
I also wanted my dogs to be involved in my wedding but my now husband nixed that, and I'm glad he did. It was so hectic I wouldn't have wanted to worry about them as well. So that's actually not a bad thing that the venue does not allow.

I incorporated my dogs by having them in my engagement photos, which I displayed at the wedding.

Here are some examples

(my dogs do know how to walk better on a leash then they portrayed in this picture I promise!)

I've also seen some people that will put pictures on the table of the dog almost as table numbers instead, but that might be hard.

#7 ·
How does your dog do in crowded places?
If you really want your dog there, maybe you can hire a dog walker for a day and have the person care for him. That way, he is there but you don't have to worry about him getting into trouble or getting too overwhelmed. She/he can take him home if he does. This will also allow your guests to be able to enjoy the day and not have to worry over him either.

#8 ·
I don't really have any suggestions but my sisters friend her 3 frenchies at her wedding (it was outside). If I remember correctly she had them up front during the wedding.
I think including him in pictures would be a good idea too.

#9 ·
I had Teddy at my wedding, it was in May and was outside, which was super hot lol. We were able to attach a little box to his collar to carry the rings down the aisle with my brother. He was on leash and did perfect! Once he brought the rings to us he was seated with my brother until the ceremony ended and our pet sitter was able to bring him back home with her. A good friend of mine had her 5 poms at her wedding, they sat in a wagon up by the alter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.