Dog Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I’m new to the forum. I just wanted to tap into the extensive knowledge on here. So I’ve an 11 year male setter, who is neutered. I also have an 8 year old terrier. Recently we brought a new puppy, a female setter into the home. I only mention that in case it’s relevant to my situation. We recently noticed that the older setter had emptied a full bladder onto the couch while we had him inside for some extra attention after getting the puppy. The two older dogs are outside most of the time, they have bedding in the garage but are happy to do their own thing but we made sure to give them loads of extra attention after getting the new puppy. They are both fully housetrained. But it nearly seemed like he couldn’t control the urine. He made no attempt to get down from the couch. It happened again about two weeks ago, so off to the vet with him. The vet said it’s highly unusual for a male dog to develop incontinence and couldn’t find evidence of anything sinister after an exam. He didn’t have a temp but the vet prescribed a short course of antibiotics in case there was any slight infection. He has had those but this evening I noticed the tarmac wet after he had lain there in the sun. So it’s obviously still happening. The vet did say that dogs can get very upset with these sort of changes, even though he is really good with the puppy, much better than the terrier! He is a sensitive dog and always has been. I’m just wondering if anyone else has come across something similar. I’m so sorry for the long post. I was just upset to see it again this evening. I will call my vet again but just thought I’d pop on and see. Thank you.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts