Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I love dogs and me and my boyfriend eventually decided to get our own puppy. I'm from the bahamas and I found a breeder on another island who in my opinion lied about his dogs saying that they were all registered.
Long story short I got a pocket bully thinking that he was a standard bully. I never wanted a pocket. I've also noticed that my dog has high back legs and very short nect and a smushed nose. These were all only noticed after he started to grow older.
It makes me sad because 1) I paid for him and he looks deformed even to my untrained eye 2) I'm upset at the person for breeding irresponsibly 3) I feel bad for supporting such a liar 4) my dog has such a sweet personality and ive grown to love him so much but his deformities are obvious. They dont seem to bother him he seems happy but he doesnt look right
I always get a feeling of anger and sadness because someone is out there profiting from this bad breeding and now me and my boyfriend are stuck with this dog. We call him our disabled son 馃檨 and I paid a alot for him thinking that this person who was bragging about his dogs and all his knowledge on dogs stole from me.
I just want some advice

Super Moderator
Hi Nicdog,

I'm sorry that this happened to you. There are so many unscrupulous "breeders," who will say anything to take advantage of those who are just trying to add a new family member.

Besides loving your dog, which are already doing, I would use this experience to educate others in your circle and your community about reputable breeding. Share your story as you are doing here. Let others learn from your mistake. And, if there's a way that you can get the word out about this awful breeder, do it.

Registered
To add to what @SusanLynn said, if there are pet insurance companies where you are I'd consider signing up as there is a high probability that your dog may rack up some vet bills.

But what is done is done, love him and give him the best life possible.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
To add to what @SusanLynn said, if there are pet insurance companies where you are I'd consider signing up as there is a high probability that your dog may rack up some vet bills.

But what is done is done, love him and give him the best life possible.
Thank you.
And like you said what's done is done. There are no pet insurance companies here but I'm aware of the possible health issues. He isn't one year as yet so I guess I will see what happens over the years .

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Nicdog,

I'm sorry that this happened to you. There are so many unscrupulous "breeders," who will say anything to take advantage of those who are just trying to add a new family member.

Besides loving your dog, which are already doing, I would use this experience to educate others in your circle and your community about reputable breeding. Share your story as you are doing here. Let others learn from your mistake. And, if there's a way that you can get the word out about this awful breeder, do it.
Thank you.
Sometimes I feel so guilty for supporting this breeder but at the same time I try to make my self feel better by saying its not my puppy's fault and he still needed a home.
But I will take your advice to educate my friends and family and I have definitely learnt a lesson from my mistake.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts