Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been tinkering with uploads to Youtube lately. Trying to get crisp images, understand video frame rates, and using black dogs to boot!

I’ve always insisted that my dogs exercise some self control. I cannot stand a dog that runs out the door, the crate, or the gate entrance on their own volition. This is what the end product of Susan Garrett’s Crate Games will get you.

If you are listening to the audio, you will notice that he leaves before I say, “Break”. He watches for my mouth to move!

https://youtu.be/Rd0sArR2H9s

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I have four dogs, two Poodles, one Golden Doodle and a 3/4 Poodle, 1/4 Golden mix. I have taught all of them when they come to the door to come into the house, they all have to sit and not move till I say their names. I mix it up sometimes so they do not get used to always being the same order. Two of them I got as adults. A 3 year old and a 1 year old. The other 3 year old and 1 year old, I raised.

·
Registered
99 Posts
My dog is a Bichon/Shih Tzu and he automatically sits before I open the front door to let him out. Our yard is not fenced, so when I cannot fully supervise him, he goes potty on a long leash. The long leash doesn’t quite reach the front door, so I have my dog sit in the doorway while I get the leash, release him, and he comes over and puts his head through the loop on the leash. It is so nice knowing that he will not bolt out the door and I believe this is a trick every dog should have.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts