Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might sound weird, but has anyone here that owns dogs notice any change in their dog's behavior ever since Covid-19 started with the lockdowns and the quarantines? I think a lot of the dogs I take care of get negative energy from the stress and anxiety that is apparent in dog owners with the Covid-19 pandemic especially with dogs in large households. Any input or feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
1,631 Posts
I think dogs are very aware of the altered dynamic in households - people being home much more, as well as being more tense than normal.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
The one thing I have noticed with one of my dogs. She is a three year old 3/4 Poodle 1/4 Golden Retriever and she has suddenly started to watch TV and gets really excited when she sees any animal on it. She never ever even seemed to notice before when the TV was on. Now she leaps up barking at it and getting the rest of the dogs excited.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting, what I have noticed is dogs seem to be more orally fixated. Meaning, wanting to chew and bite things more. I find I am the same way, when I get mentally drained I eat a lot. Perhaps, dogs feel that their owner's energy levels are draining and they feel they need to get more orally fixated on things as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts