Dog Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If money, time, traveling, and facilities weren't an issue and you had the opportunity to train in any dog sport which would you pick?

I'm so torn. I think my dogs would really enjoy lure coursing (there isn't anything close by though!), but schutzhund fascinates me. Herding livestock also looks really interesting!

·
Registered
507 Posts
Treibball or herding. There is some herding in my area, but not a lot, as I'm in an urban area, and Treibball just doesn't seem to be anywhere in the state yet. :(

Reactions: laceyj19

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
Herding! I would absolutely love to get them involved in herding, more so for Heidi, but I think Levi would enjoy it too.
Agility is the second, even though I'm currently doing it, it would be nice to have a really great training facility close.

Reactions: laceyj19

·
Registered
17 Posts
Agility! This week I have actually been thinking about getting an ability dog after college and some of the details that go with it.

Goodluck Kyllobernese this weekend! Skyler and I just finished our rally novice title and it was kinda refreshing how casual it is in comparison to obedience.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Agility is my favorite. Would love to do herding. Savannah passed her herding instinct test but there is nowhere close to continue. We have dabbled in Treiball too. We are now doing WCRL Rally.I have a friend who teaches and competes in nosework so that is another option. Firefly I haven't quite figured out yet. She is a soft dog, so different than Savannah. So we are taking it slow.

·
Premium Member
9,240 Posts
I would love to be able to do agility better and more!

Treibball also looks like a blast. I gave herding a try and would definitely need a different dog, but it's a lot of fun.

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
I would love to be able to do agility better and more!

Treibball also looks like a blast. I gave herding a try and would definitely need a different dog, but it's a lot of fun.
Perfect time to get a BC! :D

Reactions: Chas and Aspen726

·
Premium Member
9,240 Posts
Perfect time to get a BC! :D
I actually told my husband this the other day. I can't see myself getting a BC anytime soon. I think I have a better chance of getting another, more drivey aussie. Forbes has ruined me.

Reactions: agilityk9trainer

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'd love to do schzundhund (can't spell it), obedience, agility, and I'd actually like to do the show part of dog shows. My dog, but purebred, isn't show material for his breed. Someday I'd love to get a Belgian Malinos and do IPO.

·
Super Moderator
11,911 Posts
I would just like the time and money to take more classes and travel for privates and seminars/workshops. We're super lucky to be able to regularly train with a great freestyle/rally free trainer. But some of the other sports I am interested in (treibball and nosework), we have to travel for.

Those of you interested in treibball (Dexter and I train a lot in treibball), it really is a ton of fun. Def hard to find quality classes/trainers in many areas though. But if interested and able to train on your own, there are some opportunities to earn certificates/titles via video. ;)

·
Premium Member
8,034 Posts
Agility, herding, rally, treibball, I want to be in the Iditarod, search and rescue and trick training classes...

...I need more dogs...

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
There are almost no classes around me, it's very sad (one of the main reasons I paid out the nose for H360/Agility Nation). I don't think anyone in this city has even heard of Treibball, there may be a business opportunity there...

·
Registered
812 Posts
Nose work and barn hunts.

Also flyball and herding.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts