Dog Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I rescued a mastiff mix a little over a year ago, he is now about 4 and a half. He woke me and my wife up this morning, laying on the bed right in between, where he usually sleeps, and his head was bobbing uncontrollably, this lasted about three minutes, we immediately headed to the vet, they said he was healthy, a little overweight(my fault), but they took some blood and we find out the results Monday, possible hyperthyroidism. We don't know, but he has now had 5 episodes today. If course I've been all over the net and the tricks we've read have worked to snap him out of it, treats, milk w a little sugar, honey, but mostly it seems were just snapping him out of it. So we are trying to lay down to go to sleep and it starts again. Now he is completely lucid, rolls over for you to rub his belly all while this is going on. I just am so helpless, I want to help him, just don't know how. Any comments are welcome, like I said we are waiting on the results from his test and will let you guys know asap.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.