Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Askur is reaching his final stages of maturity and he is certainly going through what we in Iceland call teenage/adolescent sickness. Basically where animals (and humans) lose all willingness to please, forget training and just behave like little brats :D

The snulli came and Askur just freaked, they were barking together in a choir it was awful. Snulli has left to live with grandma (I will update the other thread) and Askur did a complete U turn behaviour wise. Maybe it would have improved as he got used to havin Snulli here.

My mother has also been very ill this past week, she suffers from serious depression and anxiety and I think Askur can sense the change. He has been glued to her, snuggling with her all day and just being the perfect little dog. He has been like this to me when I've had issues with anxiety, it's amazing what these creatures can do :p:thumbsup:

He has developed some random reactivity, Im not seeing a pattern to pin point the triggers. I did however get to chat with a (positive) behaviourist yesterday who gave me some tips. If it doesn't get better there is a BAT course this winter that i will look into taking him too.

There is a taster class for agility soon that Im gonna go to, we'll see if he can handle it. The instructer is a good friend of ours and she will be very honest with us if she doesn't believe he should be there :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL. He's been reading your mind.

How old is he, about? Any chance he is going through a fear period?
A little over a year but yeah a fear period and final push of adolescence is a suspect. I was lucky to run into a positive behaviourist last weekend and she gave me some tips :thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.