Dog Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
66 Posts
Funny. But this will probably be your first and last post. The moderator here wants to maintain a kumbaya atmosphere. No room for frivolity or challenging the status quo.

·
Premium Member
8,034 Posts
I don't find it funny at all.

The people at shelters are tasked with a very difficult job of finding proper homes for animals. Sometimes, dogs end up in terrible homes and I'm sure the shelter VOLUNTEERS feel awful about placing them. This caller, whether it's you or not, took up the time of this shelter. Valuable time that could have been spent speaking with a serious adopter.

Aside from those factors, to bring race up in this fashion only perpetuates the stereotypes and the racism in this country.

Nothing about this is funny.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Funny. But this will probably be your first and last post. The moderator here wants to maintain a kumbaya atmosphere. No room for frivolity or challenging the status quo.
I really disagree with this comment! Yes, the mods do curtail offensive posts, but I have had many good, & often controversial discussions on here & also fun, silly discussions. However, I think when it comes to dogs in rescue it is obviously a sensitive subject, for those of us who have rehabilitated a rescue dog (I have had 2) it's no joking matter. Rescues have a hard enough job placing animals in suitable places, they can do without idiots taking the piss to be Frank!!!

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
I don't find it funny at all.

The people at shelters are tasked with a very difficult job of finding proper homes for animals. Sometimes, dogs end up in terrible homes and I'm sure the shelter VOLUNTEERS feel awful about placing them. This caller, whether it's you or not, took up the time of this shelter. Valuable time that could have been spent speaking with a serious adopter.

Aside from those factors, to bring race up in this fashion only perpetuates the stereotypes and the racism in this country.

Nothing about this is funny.
Agreed- shelter workers have one of the most emotionally taxing jobs and to waste their time like this is disrespectful and callous. I didn't find the racism funny either.

·
Premium Member
10,820 Posts
What is that one of those joke calls that radio DJ's like to make? Obviously made by someone who has no idea what it's like handling animal abuse cases or simply working in a shelter hoping that the dog you took care of, and fell in love with, managed to find a good home and was not sent to the back room to be euthanized or sent home with someone who abuses or neglects him.

Reactions: amaryllis

·
Registered
10,928 Posts
You could say playing with someone's fears/emotions like that is a tad mean. Especially doing that to a shelter employee/volunteer. If I got this call, I'd hang up pretty fast. I'm surprised by the number of people that don't quickly hang up on telemarketers/prank callers.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Guys...stop feeding the trolls!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts