Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

I think

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  pitties4life 
#1 ·
twas talking to friends about what Strider is. We see the German Shepard in the face and the way he trots. He seems to mostly have the markings of a doberman but we think he's a miniature pincher because him being a mid size dog. maybe 14-16" shoulder to floor. He has a very sleek body and his tail is long with such curl control that I call him "circle tail" sometimes. his paws are kinda dainty though so I don't think he'll get much bigger at all. His white toes puzzle me though. He even has like a couple white hairs on the tip of his tail.

See less See more
#6 ·

i think that strider's markings are normal for a GSD....not what you see commonly
but still normal. exept for the white markings...he is little tho...but i don't know about min pin....
Thats what I thought when I first saw him. I remember seeing police dogs that were covered almost in black like this. However the thickness of his coat made me think dobie. It's very form fitting and he doesn't have much of a mane like my grandmother's GSD mix had. Like it's so short, I think I'll have to buy him a coat this winter because I highly doubt he'll grow an under coat. I don't feel any secondary insulation fur. Because of the genetics thread/article, the white maybe recessive and not mean anything.

#3 ·
I could be wrong but those markings are pretty common-rotties, doberman, min pins, gsd etc. etc. They are definitely seen in other dogs. I'm not saying your wrong at all though ;) Just saying it doesn't limit the breeds that he could be. He is a very striking dog.

That face looks very heeler to me-well the ears at least ;)

the lancashire heelers have striders coloring, and ears, but are obviously too short

#5 ·
Does that every look like Strider!!

#9 ·
Hey guys, so I went to Meet the Breeds this weekend and I found the Entlebucher Mountain Dog and I thought, hey those markings! but after doing a little research, I don't think it's this breed, but the Appenzeller. their tail curls just like his, he has the same paws and white chest and that explains why there is some white hairs on the tip of his tail, and why his fur is how he is! the German shep part, obviously takes king of the rest!

Appenzeller Sennenhund dog - working dog breeds from the online dog encyclopedia - dogs in depth.com

Got new batteries for my camera, if ya guys want, I could show off what I took at meet the breeds but anyway, better shots of strider ahoy:

Chillin out on Mommy's bed like there isn't anything wrong with it.

#12 ·
Sorry for the triple post but I would almost bet that she is a spitz mix. As only spitz carry that curled up tail. I would place money on it that she is either basenji or husky.. I had a friend that had a gsd/husky mix that looked just like her.. with that tall tale curled up tail ;) A blueheeler does not have that and the resulting offspring wouldnt either since neither breeds carry a curled over tail. I would almost bet there isnt any rot either.. as rots carry dominant traits like pitbulls and she would have a boxier head and more compact body. Blue heelers are predominantly mottled and the dog has no mottling, most of the blue heeler mixes I have seen carry somekinda mottling, I've seen quite afew that were solid but almost all carried ticking spots on their white areas.. So.. my money is on a spitz mixture.. very cute though ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.