Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a bichon/Maltese he’s 10 months and we’ve noticed that he isn’t eating all his food (dry nuts). So we started to give him wet food mixed with dry nuts once a day, the past couple of days he’s had diarrhea. He’s also usually very playful and excited. Constantly! He always wants to play, however the past couple of days he’s quite and not playful, he comes to lie down and cuddle but no playing, barking or licking us as he usually does. Not sure if he’s sick. Should I bring him to the vet?

·
Registered
256 Posts
If your dog is not used to wet food it can give them the runs, any change in food can donthat. The dog also may have been tiered if how the old food tasted so that's why it stopped eating the kibble. Is the dog still drinking normal and going per normal?

Having the runs may be making it not feel well, but if it continues I would contact the vet, but as I said, it may just be the wet food upsetting the tummy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If your dog is not used to wet food it can give them the runs, any change in food can donthat. The dog also may have been tiered if how the old food tasted so that's why it stopped eating the kibble. Is the dog still drinking normal and going per normal?

Having the runs may be making it not feel well, but if it continues I would contact the vet, but as I said, it may just be the wet food upsetting the tummy.
He is drinking and going as normal

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Can't hurt to call your Vet and get his/her recommendation. May be to wait and watch for a day or two.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts