Dog Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my dog is with my brother at the vet right now, we noticed some breast tumors had come back but also noticed she wasnt eating, she was breathing rapidly even at rest, constant thirst, no energy, though she still seemed happy and wagged her tail when you say her name or pet her.. but, i think the cancer has probably spread to the point that she's probably not coming home today and her sister is crying non stop :-(

im hoping her symptoms are related to something else, something that can be fixed, but i doubt it

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im worried about my other dog now.. she has no tumors or symptoms so physically speaking she's fine, but im not sure if she suspects anything or not, but she's crying non stop right now.. my other dog and the one at the vet are sisters from the same litter and have never been separated more than a day or two and only rarely

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
do you think my other dog knows?.. she was very close to my dad before he died in 2015, and when my mother died in 2016, she should be able to get past her sister dying today if she does.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i just got off the phone with my brother, the vet says he wants to do an x-ray to see if it has spread to her lungs, and gave her an anti-biotic.. if it hasnt spread then maybe theres a chance she can be saved? maybe he's thinking her rapid breathing, fatigue, cough, and no apetite are related to something else?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the vet thinks the sores that have appeared may be due to skin rubbing from the tumor and the loss of apetite, rapid breathing, loss of appetite, constant thirst, and poor energy may be the cause of something unrelated..

what didnt exactly seem to fit the leukemia theory was how fast her symptoms manifested.. 1 week ago she was more or less perfectly normal and today she almost had to be picked up to move, panting just walking up the 3 steps outdoors.. can leukemia symptoms manifest so quickly or is that spread out over a longer duration?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i wont be able to talk to my vet anymore today though but its possible.. but this has me thinking about something.. about a week ago i mopped my kitchen floor, and left for a bit and came back and some of the dirty mop water was missing.. i thought maybe my brother dumped it but he says he did not.. could this dumb dog have drank it and gotten pneumonia from it?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.