Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys!

I know I haven't been on here in about a year....Girls are doing great though! Faye somehow hurt her back, not too serious, luckily but I will have to buy them steps to prevent jumping.

I posted on a FB group asking for ideas on what breed Faye may be and someone said, it is unlikely but she looks like a Kooikerhondje. And people she DOES!!!! :D There were breeders in SA, so I think she might have been a litter of a litter from a breeder who didn't keep tabs on their pups.

Here are some photos!!

Faye:

Kooikerhondje:

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow... she really does. And with the Dutch population in SA it sounds likely. Where I am in the Pacific Northwest, some farmers have brought stock over from holland.
There was a lady who imported a breeding pair who passed away (the lady). I contacted another breeder (who doesn't bred anymore) she said it is very unlikely. However a whole litter from what I've seen has ended up at the SPCA at different times in the last 2 years. That's why I'm thinking it might have been a pup bought from one of the breeders who was never sterilised and had a random litter who they then just gave away.

I'm DEFINITELY having a DNA test done as soon as I can afford it :D For her and Leesi. Kooikerhondje is the best guess going on looks, as she can't be a spaniel or toy pom mix.... :ponder:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.