Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help my puppy is 9 months old poodle she has been using pee pee pads since she was born she had a uti and when she peepee on her pads she cried I took her to the vet and she is better but now she refuses to go back to her pads and poops in the floor what has happened to her I need a answer I can not take her outside I am too old for all this thank you for any help

·
Banned
1,222 Posts
Not to sound judgemental, but why would a 9 month old dog be using pee pads?

She's likely associating the pee pad with the pain of peeing - she's not going to understand what is causing the pain.

·
Super Moderator
11,911 Posts
Ditto that she likely associated the pain with the pads, not actually peeing. Since you are unable to go out, maybe consider switching to a different system. Maybe one of the in door grassy potty area systems. There are real gtass and also a buch of fake grass systems available. Or assuming your poodle is one of the smaller varieties perhaps even a litterbox. Litterbox training is necoming more and more common for small dogs in apartments.

Train Small Dogs To Use Litter Box | Small Dogs | Animal Planet
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I am old AND disabled and have a poodle AND I live in an Apt! Molly is potty trained to the outdoors! In the beginning when I first got her I put a light 30 ft (3/8 inch flat nylon webbing type) longline on her and we went outside to my little patio and while I sat on my chair she went potty! I also put a set of bells on the doorknob which we rang every time we went outside to potty, so she learned to signal me when she wanted out. It is 3 yrs later now, and we still use the longline on the patio while I read and she sunbathes, but it shows you that you don't need to walk your dog to potty train them, even if you are disabled!
We now have a mobility scooter and go on 'scooter' walks and she goes to my scooter and sits on it when she needs to go out now!:thumbsup:

Relaxing on her longline.....................

Waiting to go..................

Reactions: Lucillle
1 - 5 of 5 Posts