Dog Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Edited: Was a full venting post, didn’t feel comfortable leaving it all up.
Basically my sister and her husband don’t want their black lab puppy anymore, he grew up and became too much work, too much like a lab. They can’t find him a home and they don’t want him anymore so they were secretly going to dump him at the dog park and leave him there. I basically wanted advice about how to help the dog. I can’t take him in and shelters are completely out of the picture in my area. Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
2,156 Posts
Can you have an honest talk with your sister about putting the dog into boarding while they are away, and working more on finding a good home for him when they get back?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you have an honest talk with your sister about putting the dog into boarding while they are away, and working more on finding a good home for him when they get back?
I could try, I’m definitely going to talk to my sister about what they are going to do with him when they are gone. I doubt they would go for boarding. Her husband would definitely say it’s a waste of money, he just doesn’t want the dog. Half the time he says he just wants the dog to get loose and run away. Boarding is definitely something I’ll bring up though, thank you.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Have you tried contacting a rescue and telling them the situation? Also, try educating your sister a bit about the dog deserving better than to just be dumped off without concern for what happens to it. It's blunt, but it's the truth. The idea that people are okay with something like that is so foreign to me. Animals do matter. She took on the responsibility of having a dog, the least she can do now is to find someone else to take over for her, and care for the dog, not just pawn it off. Shelters may not be an option, but try looking for a rescue and even if it's a bit of a drive, it needs to happen. He matters and he deserves a good life with a family that will love and care for him.
Thank you for caring enough to reach out for a solution and not just letting it go.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts