Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Story of how he came to us is really quite strange.We already had 2 dogs and were not even looking for a 3rd.Out of the blue one day a friend of mine from church called and and explained to me that they had found a new home for their lab, and that she had gotten away from her new owners and was missing.In the search for her dog they found 2 puppies running together,one of the puppies was to scared to come near anyone,but the black puppy came right to them.(the other puppy was eventually caught and has a great home now).She asked me if i could care for the puppy until the shelter could find a home for him.She did not want to keep him. So i said sure thinking it would only be a few weeks, because puppy's so fast,and i thought for sure someone would claim him as their lost dogs...I cant believe someone would just dump a GREAT dog like this!Well he was with us for a few days and we were hooked, no one ever stepped forward to claim him.We decided to keep him.We have had him since October 2009.The vet thinks he is about 10 months.He is such a smart puppy!He is so loyal and protective!When our daughter was knocked unconscious,Vader stayed by her side for a week!,and when she was allowed to get up and walk around he followed her everywhere, and was so gentle with her,without even being told to!He is still very gentle with her.We just love him to pieces!How can you repay something like that...im so blessed he is ours forever!The vet thinks he is a Lab/Shepherd/Husky mix.

Here he is watching over her when she was hurt

And here is is right after he came to us

My friend was calling him Oreo...but we changed his name to Vader i made this picture to help him get adopted...little did i know he already was!

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
CUTE!!! And what a lovely story! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts