Dog Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
22,639 Posts
so then is this considered normal o.o just curious

http://www.greatdogsite.com/photos/gallery/Saluki/?index=2
most of the pics i've seen of the breed show the dogs with ribs and/or hip bones protruding like that ;) (that is true of many of the sight hound breeds, at least as far as my understanding) i don't know a whole lot about them, but if that dog were skinny because it were malnourished, it is highly doubtful it would be running so energetically... just my 2 cents :) maybe, since the OP obviously likes the breed, she can shed more light on it for us..:)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
6,913 Posts
most of the pics i've seen of the breed show the dogs with ribs and/or hip bones protruding like that ;) (that is true of many of the sight hound breeds, at least as far as my understanding) i don't know a whole lot about them, but if that dog were skinny because it were malnourished, it is highly doubtful it would be running so energetically... just my 2 cents :) maybe, since the OP obviously likes the breed, she can shed more light on it for us..:)
I just couldn't believe that a dog would look like that. That is definitely very shocking the first time you see it. And I have to admit that normally if I saw a dog like that I would go cook him up a whole chicken, but that's what is great about this site, you learn new things everyday. :)

·
Registered
22,639 Posts
lol, don't worry, i am always taken aback, and wonder just how thin these dogs should really be ;) like i said, they wouldn't/couldn't be so athletic if they were thin due to lack of food...look up some other sight hound breeds (there are quite a few breeds actually) and you will see that many are also very thin, and for comparison, look at pictures of cheetahs, same sort of gaunt look about them...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
25 Posts
He's adorable! Sighthounds always look thin, and a puppy will look thinner because they are in growing mode. Just igore ignorant people. I'm sorry you have to endure them.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts