Dog Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
10,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't seem to resist buying them:rolleyes: Some women buy shoes, others buy purses, still others clothes, I buy dog toys. I need a support group.

This is Zody's toy collection, he came to me with some of them, but I've shamelessly added to the hoard.

Today I went through the hoard and thinned it out a bit, but he still has enough for multiple dogs.

He has all those toys, yet today he decided to play with some cardboard:eyeroll:

·
Registered
519 Posts
We should start a support group because I'm the same way. BF actually cut me off from pet stores this month. I'm only allowed if I leave my CC at home unless the girls need food LOL. When I get home I'll post a picture of the girls' collections. Nala's the same as Zody, she has all the toys in the world but was playing with cardboard and her measuring cup last night. She has enough toys that are just in her crate to make a shelter puppy happy for a year XD

PS the fact that Zody matches his little bed is the cutest thing ever

·
Registered
10,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We should start a support group because I'm the same way. BF actually cut me off from pet stores this month. I'm only allowed if I leave my CC at home unless the girls need food LOL. When I get home I'll post a picture of the girls' collections. Nala's the same as Zody, she has all the toys in the world but was playing with cardboard and her measuring cup last night. She has enough toys that are just in her crate to make a shelter puppy happy for a year XD

PS the fact that Zody matches his little bed is the cutest thing ever
I know in my head that he doesn't need anymore toys, but still can't resist.

The Chewy site is my downfall because of the free shipping if the order is $49. 2 months of his food cost around $25, so I get him a few treats but that's only around $8, so I go to the toy section after all he doesn't have near enough toys:eyeroll:

·
Banned
6,595 Posts
Um.

Koda has her toy box, of things she can play with on her own without destroying them.

Then I have shelf of treats/grooming/MORE TOYS that she can't play with on her own....

...and two boxes of stuff in the basement. Mostly stuff she can't play with on her own. She excels at destruction.

·
Registered
10,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL, Zody also has a bunch of toys at my friends house.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I thought I was bad.....I may have to show these pictures to my bf so he won't roll his eyes when I get my dogs new toys. They have barely any compared to these lol!!

·
Registered
10,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay Rain, his face is seriously ADORABLE. <3

And how do you like the Tug-a-Jug?
Aww thanks!

We usually don't use it, it's a bit to big for him to use right so I have to sit there and hold it while he moves the rope around. Even doing that I still have to help him with the rope.

He loves the Kong Wobbler, Starmack Bob A Lot, Busy Buddy Twist N Treat, and his Kong, the most out of the treat dispensing toys.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
That's impressive!
lol if I had the money and was allowed to id probably be buying a bunch of toys too.
Sawyer has half of his box filed (including the stuff that's currently in the black hole of the house were all his toys go missing). He would probably have a lot more if he didn't destroy any stuffy toys, or one with rope that are thin enough for him to chew through, weve lost 4 stuffies and countless rubber toys because he chews through them all (he likes to pick and pull at them).

·
Registered
519 Posts
I have no idea what you're talking about.

That was taken on Thanksgiving. There were some inside toys that didn't make it into the pile.

These were added at Christmas.

There's also a basket of bumpers, balls, and Frisbees on the porch.

:eek: I don't think pet stores even have that many toys! LOL

Photo on 1-14-15 at 7.49 PM #3.jpg

Here's my girls' collection. They also have 4 bowls, 3 beds and 4 blankets. Athena actually uses the spare human bed in the bedroom as her own too lol. I just got them a bigger toy box before the holidays and now they need a second.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Most of my dog's toys, or I should say "HaHa's toys" since Jaya rarely touches them...are not really dog toys.

He's found things like a length of pvc pipe white which is about an inch in diameter and that was great until he found a section of black plastic septic pipe that had been new, but cut from another piece used in a repair some years ago. That piece was tossed aside along with some other cut pipe. I rounded up the odds and ends back then and trashed them but I think my other dog at the time Harper beat me to the pile and snuck that piece away and buried it.

Then there's plastic water bottles, a rope with an iron hook on the end that HaHa found on my porch when I had a tree sawed down and the worker found that rope with that steel hook tied on it, up in one of the branches. For a while there I thought HaHa was going to brain himself or one of the cats swinging that hook around. I could have taken it away from him, but he learned he couldn't shake it too hard or the hook would hit his knees or chest or ribs...and he loved packing it around. I think the weight of the large hook hanging off the rope made him feel like he was doing something important...some kind of job...carrying that much weight outside and inside...lol.

There have been old slippers, old socks, the plastic lid off of a gallon bucket that use to have mayonnaise in it...from a commercial kitchen...the bucket had been re-purposed to put rock salt in for salting the drive way. One year the bucket cracked in -15 below weather so I gave Harper the lid as kind of a frizz bee...I never saw it shortly after that.... Harper buried everything eventually. HaHa has been having fun finding and digging up it all up.

I do buy toys upon occasion. Right now the newest toy is a stuffed toy, a purple rod kind of thing that is suppose to be a wiener dog....it has a doggy face on one end and legs on it...and 2 squeakers in it. It's an inside toy, not allowed to go outside and get all dirty. His other favorite toy is a rubber chicken that bawks when he bites on it....he loves that chicken...lol. Especially around 3 am.

Stormy

·
Super Moderator
9,234 Posts
This site. I love it. I can't wait to show my fiance so that he sees that I am not the only one with a problem. I've started amazoning toys. That's a problem...

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
WOAH PEOPLE PEOPLE PEOPLE! Why are you worried about how many dog toys you have? That is normal. The pups are your babies right? All human children have loads of toys and some they don't even play with anymore. I think it's awesome. I think I might end up starting one of my own since Kuma plays now. After all, they are OUR babies so they deserve all the toys we can get them. ^_^

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm loving this thread! Rain, I was wondering about the kong wobble for my little dog. I might get one on Zody's recommendation.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Karma says she would like to trade places with zody apparently I'm a bad mom because I don't buy her lots of toys.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Karma says she would like to trade places with zody apparently I'm a bad mom because I don't buy her lots of toys.
Same here. The only "toy" that Oscar likes is a bully stick. I thinks he just tries to humor me and half heartedly will play for a short while with all other toys. He seems afraid of balls. Poor boy. I wonder if someone hurt him with a ball.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts