Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Premium Member
10,623 Posts
I'm sorry that happened! I know what it's like to have a reactive dog and have someone pop up seemingly out of nowhere, and the fear of what if my dog bites someone.

Some people just do not understand that even if a dog is not reacting they still should keep at least leash distance away just in case. I think that because Tessa was not reacting that he might have thought it was safe to pass close by and didn't think twice about it until she did react. I've had Zody do that to someone, he was fine one second then the next he was in attempt to bite ankle mode, he didn't make contact because I yanked him back in time. I learned to not trust him that day and give him very little slack in the leash when I'm standing near someone and he's with me. So I know how heart dropping and scary it is.

I highly doubt Tessa made contact with either of them, and even if she did I doubt she broke the skin, what you describe sounds like either an air snap or a warning bite. I know you know that dogs can control the force of their bite and that's likely what Tessa did. Please quit worrying about the authorities showing up. Another thing to remember... He did not stop to get your name, or your address, if he did report what likely was a small nip he'd be stuck telling the authority... "We got nipped by a black, lab looking, dog being walked on leash by a lady at X location. I did not stop to get her information." I really doubt that the authorities would put much effort into looking for you.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.