Dog Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My little bit is now officially 8 weeks old, and boy did I forget how much I hate having puppies. She's a screamer and a crate wetter. On the bright side, she follows at my heel and knows a few tricks already. I just hate crate training so much!

Here are some more recent pictures:
http://i.imgur.com/1GeNRWD.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/iceX83u.jpg

·
Super Moderator
10,820 Posts
Ohh she's darling!!!!

I'm with you in not wanting puppies though. Every time I think I'd like one I just go to the Puppy Help and Housetraining Help forum and read post, it cures me. Puppies are cute so that you don't abandon them :p

Reactions: CoyotePro

·
Registered
662 Posts
Bless her heart. What a sweet face.

I think having puppies is like giving birth, in that you forget very quickly how hard it is! :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
It is like that and i feel you. I haven't had to take care of an infant since my 9 1/2 year old son and it'so easy to forget, I keep thinking daily why did i do this to myself, lol. I just keep my mind on she will be 6 months old in no time. (That's my invisible goal lol I don't know why I say that) she will be 10 weeks old on Thursday. (I work as a substitute teacher, my son is special needs, I also help run our business which me and hubby run by ourselves plus all the extra curricular actives we are involved in and taking care of my house.)

We go tomorrow to met the trainer and within the week or so she will be in puppy k level 1.

·
Registered
502 Posts
The first little while really is torture. My first puppy was the easiest puppy ever. Crate/house trained herself, never had an accident, never cried or barked, stayed glued to me even outside off leash. And then I got my 2nd puppy. For the first few weeks she cried, howled, screamed, had accidents, I felt like I chased her constantly. Not to mention she wasn't big on cuddling and never slept of her own accord. Most puppies play hard and crash hard. She just played hard.

It's a dang good thing they're cute.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
My uncle had a saying, that I love, he said it after he did a 100 mile charity bike ride though a desert area - I asked him if he was going to do it again the following year and his reply was....
"I might be stupid once, but I won't be stupid twice"

I applied this to puppies...and kitties. My last 7 pets...all were over the age of 5 when I adopted them with the exception of my cat, Song who was 4 years old, and another cat, Shayle and my dog HaHa who were 2 year olds.

The last two were young but way past that puppy/kitty stage where they needed potty trained, their adult teeth were in, and most of that puppy/kitten curiosity and energy was at a way lower level. So, I wasn't coming home to a kitten hanging off my drapes or a puppy that ate a sofa pillow.

The photos are cute, and yeah, it's easy to forgive a face like that....lol.
Thanks for sharing them with us.

Stormy

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
I think having puppies is like giving birth, in that you forget very quickly how hard it is! :D
Seriously? Jessie is now 3 years old and ive never forgotton her puppy hood! omg now im prepared for a similar pup to her lol. constant medical problems, constant training, house training was massive nightmare.

If i took her with me to bathroom while using toilet she would lick my knickers, nip them, nip me. She stole all my underwear too lol and chewed strap of my favourite hush puppies sandals, was sneaky bugger with being so small couldnt tell what she was doing behind bean bag(chewing strorage baskets) while there were amazing times and fun ones never forget the hard work ones

Reactions: TruckersMom

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
but well worth it!

Reactions: Rain

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
Levi ruined all future puppies for me. He was so good at everything that I just knew I was in trouble when we got Heidi.

·
Premium Member
8,034 Posts
I LOVE puppies!!! Aspen was so good and easy. She learned everything quickly and barely had any accidents. I'd get another puppy in a heartbeat :)

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
I LOVE puppies!!! Aspen was so good and easy. She learned everything quickly and barely had any accidents. I'd get another puppy in a heartbeat :)
This was my feeling as well. Then we got Heidi and she actually acted like a puppy. It was terrible!

Reactions: crazy and HaydenK

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Pinkman was a godawful nightmare. She screeched constantly. Wasn't housebroken until 9 months, when she went from 3 accidents a day to never having another one literally overnight. At least I knew what I was getting myself into with this baby!

Although, I think someone may have linked her to this thread because she was an ANGEL last night. No crying, got up for potty trips without complaining, didn't wet her crate, and slept through the night. Maybe I just need to publically shame her more often! :p

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
It looks like your Golden shares your feelings for new puppies! =P I'm sure she'll be an amazing dog once she grows up with how you're training her. :)

·
Registered
871 Posts
I think Aayla is mostly going to ruin puppyhood for me too. She has been easy to train, easy to house break, easy to walk, hasn't destroyed anything (yet) and loves everyone. I think I used my one good puppy luck with her.

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
I think Aayla is mostly going to ruin puppyhood for me too. She has been easy to train, easy to house break, easy to walk, hasn't destroyed anything (yet) and loves everyone. I think I used my one good puppy luck with her.
I was going to say it must be an Aussie thing, but I think @HaydenK would disagree :p

Reactions: jclark343

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
haha...i also prefer adult dogs, but I still think puppies are cute.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
They are incredibly cute, but in many ways more trouble to take care of, than a new baby. We got Samantha when she was about a year old, so she was through most of the really difficult puppy behavior. She was also so eager to please us, she practically trained herself. Maybe her stay at the shelter, before we adopted her, and not wanting to go back there, helped, hard to know. I've asked her, but she won't tell.

·
Registered
202 Posts
As a new puppy owner myself... Yeah I know how you're feeling.
Mine still screams in the crate during the day even though it's short intervals(but is fine overnight).. And he went from perfect bathroom habits the first 40 hours to having to use potty pads because he refused to go outside during a 2 day cold snap and now we're back to square one. It's rough, especially because my dog hates pups too and I have to keep them apart. Hopefully the next few months go fast for us both lol

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Charlie was such a awesome easy puppy(apart from pulling me over on my face during walks that i thought it would be easy when i got Jessie............ how wrong i was lol! I wasnt prepared for a hard work puppy who got me in bed by 8pm lol. Now i am prepared though(i think)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts