Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this is what I came up with when I decided to teach my neighbor's dog, Anne something new, but for those who don't know I guess I should explain why I'm training my neighbor's dog, lol.

Anne belongs to a neighbor who lives just up the street. I have known Anne since she was born, (accidental litter between their Chi and a stray dog. They did learn and got both the mother and Anne fixed). They kept Anne out of the litter of 4 and rehomed the rest. Once Anne and her siblings were 4 weeks old her owners would regularly let me take the pups and mom to my house for as long as I wanted. Even though her siblings are gone and she is now 4 years old this tradition has continued, she will come running over to my house in the morning, come in and hang out the entire day, then I let her out as it gets on toward dark and she runs home for the night. She and her mom rarely missed a day in the whole time that I've known them, sadly after over 5 years with Molly, (Anne's mother) she passed away. :( Anyways, hopefully that explains everything. :) One day I started working with her, and now 4 years later, she has learned over 20 tricks and commands.

On to what I originally posted for. xD

So I was looking for something new to teach her and decided to teach her to weave poles. I don't have any poles and since this is just something I'm doing for fun, I didn't want to buy any either, so when my little brother heard what I wanted, he already knew just what to do! About 10mins later I had the perfect set of poles made out of Knex. (Thanks little brother!) :clap2:

·
Premium Member
9,197 Posts
That is awesome! Great thinking little brother!

Reactions: LoveMyFosters

·
Premium Member
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very creative! That was a nice thing for you brother to do. I have yet to figure out poles for Chester, who is medium size.
If you happen to have a box of Knex, then you will be in business. ;)

·
Registered
279 Posts
Very creative! That was a nice thing for you brother to do. I have yet to figure out poles for Chester, who is medium size.
Thin pvc tubing from Home Depot cut into suitable,lengths and shoved into the ground. If you do it after the rain or cut one end into a point, they go in easier. You can get fancy with the pvc if you want to and have the tools.

Great indoor hack with the knex though!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.