Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm so sorry. :(
Tentatively, I would say the vet made a mistake during the surgery, or at the very least, when she had complications and was vomiting and peeing blood, they should have considered it an emergency, it is not "normal" or "okay" and should have seen you right away.
One of my past dogs situation was very different, but when he started vomiting blood (once), I called the vet and they said to bring him in ASAP as they considered it an emergency. Unfortunately it turned out he was in the final stages of renal failure and the vet was unable to save him.
A healthy four year old dog should be able to handle a bladder stone removal surgery, female dogs are routinely in for spays, which are just as/more intrusive, so I think "her body couldn't handle it" is not true, unless the surgery wasn't performed correctly.

·
Registered
100 Posts
With the information from the vet who performed the necropsy, it sounds like the original vet messed up. It is very possible that her blood work and other tests may have gotten mixed up with another dogs, and so the original vet thought she was healthy enough for the surgery when she really wasn't. :(

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.