Dog Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an older German Shepard. I have been nursing her for over 8 weeks now, have made trips to the vet and just keeps getting worse. She has a huge sore on her upper lip, it is the length on on side, swollen, raw, read and bleeds. The pad pard of her feet is gone on three feet and she has sores the range from 1" to 3" in size that are perfectly round, red, and raised and no hair on the sores. She has been on perdition, antibiotics, medicated shampoo, allergy medicine, I just don't know what else to do. It is so hard to see her in pain and struggles to walk....Help us please

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
When all else has been tried go back to the basics. This has healed some pretty bad wounds on my dogs. It is called healing clay and you want one like this that is meant to be used inside and out. I would give internally and use it out side also.
HealthForce Nutritionals, ZeoForce, Detoxify Daily, 14 oz (400 g) - iHerb.com
This is how you will use it. The great part is that when applied and let dry it creates its own bandage. You mix with water and make a paste
Skin Disorders
Hydrated clay works wonders for many different skin ailments of animals including mange, cuts, abrasions, rashes and hot spots. Made into a poultice and applied directly to the skin, the clay acts as an analgesic, and quickly reduces pain and itching. It speeds the healing process by pulling out bacteria that can cause infection or rash. It reduces the chance of scar tissue development. In addition, if the animal licks off the clay, it is non-toxic and perfectly safe!
https://earthslivingclay.com/1702/heal-your-pet-naturally-with-calcium-bentonite-clay/
The scientists have been studying it and say it heals the worst drug resistant infections.
The effect of clay supplements on bacteria such as E. coli, Mycobacterium and Salmonella was studied in 2008 at Arizona State University. This study concludes "Our results indicate that specific mineral products have intrinsic, heat-stable antibacterial properties, which could provide an inexpensive treatment against numerous human bacterial infections.
~ Edible Calcium Montmorillonite Living Clay Pelotheraphy For Pets ~

·
Registered
247 Posts
You might want to consider feeding her a high quality, grain-free food. And since antibiotics destroy good gut bacteria, give her probiotics to restore the gut. Also give her a few spoons of organic yogurt and coconut oil every day. That will help heal from the inside.

Good luck.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Wow… sounds serious. A biopsy would be strongly recommended. Not sure what you mean by your dog being on 'perdition' (road to hell?)… misspelling of something else perhaps?

·
Registered
661 Posts
I would think the OP means prednisone, given that it sounds like a severe autoimmune issue.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I am going to suggest you seek out the help of a holistic/homeopathic vet, it seems to me that at this point allopathic veterinary medicine has failed to help the issues your dog has.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I second the Bentonite Clay......We use it internally and externally for ourselves, our dogs and horses........I also add an Immune System product to boost the healing.
I can get you clay as well......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts