Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a tiny dog (1,5 years old), not a pure breed, He is cute and very good at home.
When i go outside, he is always very excited, chasing everything, playing.

At home he loves hes crate, outside he is not the same dog.

I use public transport, and here I can't have the dog outside the crate. I have to carry him inside and he hates it.

He tries to destroy it, nothing can stop him, he doesn't even listen to me. barking biting (even me).

After a long journey (20 minutes...) I let him out and -Reset- nothing happened, the crate does not exist, everything is back to normal.

The crate is big enough, He spends hours inside it at home. At night i close the crate and he sleeps inside very happy.

The problem is, He does not understand, why he has to be inside, while we are "outside".

What can i do?. Sometimes i can have him on my knees if we go by underground, and he is happy.

·
Registered
945 Posts
I'd do some work with him making him comfortable in the crate, and practice taking him out places in it. You could try a different kind of crate too- something soft and comfortable?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Travel with pets can be pleasurable, if your dog likes car rides, if your willing to go out of your way to find (and pay for) dog frinedly accomodation and the place your going is "dog frinedly" (ie your not planning on leaving him for more than 2 hours alone in the hotel...)
ive found vacationing with pets is just like vacationing with kids, plenty of prep, plan our trip around activities they can be involved in and expect plenty of hiccups along the way lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts