Dog Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately, some of my posts I can edit, others I can't. Is this an issue on my end, or has anyone else experienced this?

Thank you!

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I haven't experienced this myself, and I edit a lot because often I will read my post again and see a mistake. 🙄
Maybe send a message to a moderator or administrator if it continues.

·
Super Moderator
5,278 Posts
The post you linked isn't your one, but I'm guessing that it was your own one you tried to edit ;)

I was able to open the edit menu. @LMMB, please could you look?

By the way, someone suggested a solution that means we don't have to lock the fun and games so they have actually been reopened.

·
Administrator
1,218 Posts
There’s a 15min editing window on new posts. It’s intended to stop people from coming along at a later date and just deleting their OPs, interrupting the flow of conversation and causing other members’ replies to stop making sense (and potentially them look bad, depending on the context). Unfortunately there was no way we could do this that didn’t penalise the rest of you. It’s not a decision we made lightly.

Obviously; if there’s a genuine reason for the thread/post to be deleted, members can ask one of us to do it for them.

I should have made an announcement, but been rather busy with the forum tidy up and real life problems. Sorry. 🙁

If there are any changes you desperately want to make, PM one of us and we can edit the posts for you. :)

·
Super Moderator
3,837 Posts
Thanks, JJ, for your question, and LMMB, for your answer! :)

I've been a member of this forum since November, 2013. When I joined, the editing window was just 10 minutes. I was always checking my posts for typos and banging my head when I realized that I had let one slide by. In 2019, the format of the forum was overhauled and that setting inadvertently disappeared. As LMMB explained, we have reinstituted this policy and extended it to 15 minutes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts