Dog Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am sorry if this is posted in the wrong section, but back in end of may of this year i got a new puppy. a family was giving away what looked to be 6 weeks old puppys outside a local costco. my mom actually got it for me i lost a dog i had since a puppy do to cancer he was almost 16 years old. she thinks they said the mom was a pomeranian. but i just do not see it in her honestly i see a spaniel like mayby Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. she is only about 7 months now. i love her to peices such a great people dog. she has no problems with strangers. she is 22 pounds and it says online that breed gets to 18 only so i am not sure. i have pictures of her as a puppy when i first got her up to now. her coat looks like a lot more of a spainel coat now longer hair on the legs and sides the ears hairs are wavy and long.

·
Registered
917 Posts
I see cocker spaniel in her.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
looks like a cocker mix.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Yes, she definitely looks like mostly Cocker Spaniel. Maybe some Cavalier as well. Her hair is so cute and funny!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
that is after the groom should see her before the groom. top of her head gets long and all crazy like. her hair tangles super bad to i get her groomed every 2 months now she she been there twice now. and i have to brush her hair at least every other day if not everyday. its kind of funny i look like a type of guy who does not belong in a dog groomer getting a cute little spainel groomed. but there i am she has won my heart. looking into the cocker spainel breed it says they do have problems with there ears i seen her ears looked a bit read the vet told me its ear wax so i think i am going to have to make sure i clean them every week to .

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Seeing her entire body and face I think it's very possible your dog is a 50/50 Cocker and Cavalier cross. And yes, you are right that Cockers (and any dog with ears that long) are very prone to ear infections. It would be a good idea to get her used to getting her ears cleaned, and make sure that if she gets infections they're dealt with ASAP. Most Cockers or similar dogs have such ear issues that you can smell them from across the room! But since you get her groomed so regularly I'm sure you'll keep on top of it. Maybe ask them or the vet for pointers, and what a healthy ear should look like as well. She's just so darned cute!! And only guys who are insecure need a "tough" dog. Men comfortable with themselves aren't ashamed to love dogs of any breed! :) My cousin is a motorcycle riding, hockey and football loving/playing guy with a manual labor job and he's obsessed with his Chihuahua. It's very endearing.

Reactions: TruckersMom

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
little update on her. she is almost 9 months now. i get her the cocker spainel hair cut it matches her perfectly. we went through adult 1 training class and puppy class will start adult 2 here in a month or so.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I seen Havanese from puppy pictures but I think everyone nailed it with spaniel mix. Welcome to the macho men with non macho dogs! I love my little guy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts