Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a border collie / chihuahua mix puppy. She’s 9 weeks. When we got her, she was perfect. But I’ve noticed in the last two days that one of her ears is bent onwards and doesn’t match the other. Any ideas on what might being on? And how to fix it? I’ve attached before an after pictures. Please help! I’m TERRIFIED!

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
In my opinion she looks perfect! Such a cutie ♡
But maybe I cant see the problem well...
If it seems like it hurts or annoys her, bring her to the vet or the breeder you got her from and ask for opinion.
Can you re-bend the ear?
... If it doesnt annoys her, maybe its just a feature of this breed-mixture or a defect she has un her genes

Have a great day!

·
Super Moderator
10,820 Posts
Her ears may be beginning to stand up. Given the two dogs in her mix there's really no telling how her ears may end up. She may have erect ears, semi erect ears, or one of each.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
They aren't always absolutely symmetrical, but that sure doesn't affect their lovability in any way.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Ears can change as they grow..our pup's ears did!

We almost named our Puma pup Origami. Both her ears folded inwards kinda triangular towards her face, super uber cute. People looooved them. We got her this past March--she was about 3 months and 9.4 lbs.

Can't remember right now when they changed, but as she got older her ear positioning changed. Lost the cute origami ears. Now they are big ole floppy/perky ears! But we love her just the same. And now she just crossed 50 pounds!!

Your pup looks adorable. Wait and see, her ears may change again as she grows!

PS. Does she seem bothered by her new ear position? If so, run her by the vet's office for a check.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts