Dog Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
I haven't done much research into using baby wipes but I think if I remember many contain something that's toxic to dogs. I agree, dog bath wipes are more on expensive side. The ones I got were $9 but it was a 100 in the container and they've lasted a long time and there are still plenty left and ive had to use a bunch recently.

Something else you can do if you don't want to buy dog wipes, or use them in between so the wipes last longer, is wet a paper towel and use that to wipe off your puppies paws or get a washcloth and use that just for the dog.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Like I said I haven't done much reading on it so I don't have a definite answer on it, plus I don't know much about baby wipes. But if your vet said it was ok and you trust your vet and feel comfortable with using them I don't see why not. I would maybe once you pick a brand/type to buy just run it buy your vets to double check though.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Like I said I haven't done much reading on it so I don't have a definite answer on it, plus I don't know much about baby wipes. But if your vet said it was ok and you trust your vet and feel comfortable with using them I don't see why not. I would maybe once you pick a brand/type to buy just run it buy your vets to double check though.
Well, not much experience with this vet. We used them for our last dog but we didn't have to go much as he was never sick or anything. I would hope they know what they are talking about ugh

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Sorry I cant be more helpful, hopefully someone with more knowledge with leave a comment.
It might be worth it to, to do a little bit of your own research on different brands or what others have said in the meantime.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Reactions: Mad Murphy

·
Super Moderator
10,820 Posts
I've used the hypoallergenic ones on my dog and never had a problem with it. He doesn't try licking the area I've wiped or anything so I always figured it was safe.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks! I ordered a bunch, that ingredient wasn't in them. I use it for her bottom and paws mostly. I won't use them on her face, I have the puppy eye ones for that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts