Dog Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Sorry Sukibaby, but you did rather leave yourself open, when answering my wondering why on earth anyone would breed such a cross, with "So you can have a husky who can go off lead, play ball and do roll over lol." Plenty of purebred Huskies do this - and well.

Also, when you jumped on the usual BYBs excuse for crossbreeding, by stating "yes she is a cross but lets not forget all our dogs were crossed at some point or another 4 us to have the breeds we do today !! yes she is from a second litter actually. this "mix" may not be 4 everyone but that could be said 4 alot of other breeds too."

This would give anyone the opinion, that you were all for and condoning, crossbreeding. Remember, in forums such as this, we can only go by what is written.

Hopefully, you rescued this dog, paid nothing to the breeder and educated him/her, in the process.

I think everyone thought your dog was cute and could tell it was well loved. Many of us here have or breed purebreds, show in various diciplines and rescue those (purebred and not) bred by idiots who think it is fun to allow their dogs to breed indiscriminately.

Lizzie

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
i wouldn't say show dogs were the best to breed tbh....i have seen what these "breeders" have done to the breed over the years....the poor bulldogs and gsd are poor examples of the breed what you see in shows....i would rather go to a breeder who breeds 4 the police !!! even though their dogs you wouldn't be able to show !!...and as 4 my dog having a high chance of needing a c-section !! its no higher than any other dog !! unless you was stupid to breed a massive male with a small female !!
Like everything, there is good and bad in both. I do agree that not all show breeders should breed, or that some standards should be changed a bit, but at the same time it's false to state that all breeders have ruined breeds. I know people who breed very well and healthy GSD and Bulldogs - it just needs someone who does health testing and actually cares for the breed and the offspring they produce.

The reason there are separate lines for showing and working dogs are exactly what you said above ^^ working dogs are just too high-strung for most people to handle/to be in the ring, also working dogs are built to be good workers - and show dogs are built too look as close to their standard as possible. Also work dogs usually end up going to working homes - not many can keep a working dog. Not all show dogs are considered "good quality" as in they have faults - these dogs often make good family pets :)

I never said your dog had a higher chance, I just said it's possible - and often occurs in large and small dogs. Even if the male would be much smaller then the female - it still happens - and thinking that it won't is just way too risky.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Sorry Sukibaby, but you did rather leave yourself open, when answering my wondering why on earth anyone would breed such a cross, with "So you can have a husky who can go off lead, play ball and do roll over lol." Plenty of purebred Huskies do this - and well.

Also, when you jumped on the usual BYBs excuse for crossbreeding, by stating "yes she is a cross but lets not forget all our dogs were crossed at some point or another 4 us to have the breeds we do today !! yes she is from a second litter actually. this "mix" may not be 4 everyone but that could be said 4 alot of other breeds too."

This would give anyone the opinion, that you were all for and condoning, crossbreeding. Remember, in forums such as this, we can only go by what is written.

Hopefully, you rescued this dog, paid nothing to the breeder and educated him/her, in the process.

I think everyone thought your dog was cute and could tell it was well loved. Many of us here have or breed purebreds, show in various diciplines and rescue those (purebred and not) bred by idiots who think it is fun to allow their dogs to breed indiscriminately.

Lizzie
erm actually you won't find any huskys that go off lead !! i have met well over 50 huskys so far and only a handful will play ball and i have never ever seen another husky do roll over....prob a little research about the breed would be good before saying any husky can do these things

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Like everything, there is good and bad in both. I do agree that not all show breeders should breed, or that some standards should be changed a bit, but at the same time it's false to state that all breeders have ruined breeds. I know people who breed very well and healthy GSD and Bulldogs - it just needs someone who does health testing and actually cares for the breed and the offspring they produce.

The reason there are separate lines for showing and working dogs are exactly what you said above ^^ working dogs are just too high-strung for most people to handle/to be in the ring, also working dogs are built to be good workers - and show dogs are built too look as close to their standard as possible. Also work dogs usually end up going to working homes - not many can keep a working dog. Not all show dogs are considered "good quality" as in they have faults - these dogs often make good family pets :)

I never said your dog had a higher chance, I just said it's possible - and often occurs in large and small dogs. Even if the male would be much smaller then the female - it still happens - and thinking that it won't is just way too risky.
i'm not going to get into a debate over pure v mix....or about showing, pedigree and kennel club here. we all have different opinions on these and this thread was created 4 me to show off my doggie lol..

·
Registered
6,472 Posts
You can teach any dog fetch, roll over and recall. Just takes a bit of patience and training.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reactions: Blue pup

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
i'm not going to get into a debate over pure v mix....or about showing, pedigree and kennel club here. we all have different opinions on these and this thread was created 4 me to show off my doggie lol..

Never said anything other then just responding to your posts *shrug*

erm actually you won't find any huskys that go off lead !! i have met well over 50 huskys so far and only a handful will play ball and i have never ever seen another husky do roll over....prob a little research about the breed would be good before saying any husky can do these things
I've seen plenty ;) Many even do competitive sports as Flyball and Agility. In fact our Flyball club has at least 5 huskies that I know of, just sayin' ;)

·
Registered
249 Posts
First of all, please read exactly what I said and reprint it correctly.

Yes. I probably should become more thoroughly aquainted with dogs. After all, I have only been seriously in dogs, since 1952. Only been doing rescue, since the mid 1960's. That apart from owning Canine Security, where we trained dogs almost exclusively, for the military.

I'm afraid m'dear, the more you say, the less I think you know about dogs in general.

Lizzie

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
As the OP has stated, this thread was created to show pictures of her dog, not to start a debate. I don't appreciate my last request being ignored. If you want to debate the topic, make a new thread.

Reactions: sukibaby

·
Registered
249 Posts
Cali, I do understand your thinking. However, almost all of us thought her dog was handsome and obviously well loved. It was only after the OP started writing a great deal of misinformation about the Husky breed, did we step in. Such misinformation, could put many possible new owners or those considering the breed, to not consider obtaining one. On forums such as these, it is where many come, to learn about a given breed.

JMHO

Lizzie

·
Registered
862 Posts
I have seen MANY huskies off lead. 2 I can think of off the top of my head heel off lead in the woods with their owners, every day. Seriously maybe you should do some reaserch ont he breed. pretty much any breed can be taught to roll over (harder with short legged barrel chested breeds such as OEBs, but still can be done.)

I do rally o with my dog. We have competed against many nordic breeds, mostly huskies and mals.

To tell some one to do more reaserch is rude any breed can be taught, just need to find out how.

Beagles are not the best offleash for the most part so people say. But my beagle is perfectly fine off leash in the woods chasing dogs, chipmunks birds ect. and come back.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
i would love you lot to go on a proper husky site/forum where you get 1000s of owners and say...oh huskys can go off lead, you would get slaughtered lol..i have seen it several times as im on a few too....i don't actually know of any husky owner (like i said i know a few) who let their dogs off lead and do you know that if you let them off and something happens your pet insurance is void too....you ask any reputable breeder if you can let the pup off lead and they will tell you no. i can't believe i have found a forum where ppl think its ok to do this, can't wait to tell them lol. so anyway ill be off...was hoping this was gonna be a friendly site but all i have got is being judged !! by ppl who don't know me at all which i think is rude to jump to conclusions and form opinions on me when you don't know me at all..you don't know how old i am, how many dogs i have/had, what i do or my knowleadge and experience...especially this breed !! thanks anyway calli..i did think this forum was slow compared to others but i know know why...new ppl are not made to fell welcome..bit of a shame as once i was welcomed i was gonna join in on the rest too....ill stick to the nice friendly 1s lol

·
Registered
862 Posts
This is a friendly site. Im not sure honestly why they all jumped the gun thinking you were breeding. I didnt see it any where.

Offcourse not all huskies can be off leash, same as not all beagles, irish wolfhounds, mals, greyhounds ect ect. But there is ALWAYS exceptions to rules. any dog taught to recall. its finding out how to teach them.

Im on a begle forum. many say beagles cant be offleash well I have the exception to the rule, as my beagle is almost always off leash. I know many beagles off leash, including huskies, a few irish wolfhounds, bassetts, coonhounds, salukis, and I know Im forgetting a few "no offleash" breeds.

why would any one et slaughtered if they can let their husky offleash? Just means they have put in more training or have a more mellow dog.

2 of my beagles best friends are huskies, who run and play int he woods offleash. both dogs owned by different owners. huskies are very common around me. I see tonnnnnsssss running in fields and the woods around here

·
Registered
249 Posts
In defense of Cali, our administrator, I have to say, that taking care of forums such as this, is an incredibly difficult task. It often goes with long hours of work and never a 'thank you' from members. Unless one has started or been administrator of a popular forum, you have no idea of just what it takes. Many years ago, I started two of the most popular dog and horse forums. So popular at the time in fact, that Earthlink closed us down for days at a time, because our members were messing up their bandwidth.

I worked it out, that I was spending about 6 hours per day on each. This to sort out the scammer members from the good applicants and to investigate those who applied to join, but of whom I was not sure of. Keeping a forum 'clean' is a major part of administrating a forum. Many forums get 100 applicants and more, per day. It is a huge amount of work. I handed over my last horse forum to another member, a couple of years back, since I could no longer handle the work.

Looking through and reading all the posts, also takes time. A great deal of time and especially if one is doing it alone.

Forums are a great place to come and interact with others of the same fancy. Many will come for advice and go off grumbling when given it by those who are knowledgeable. Some will even ask for critiques, but become upset when a critique is given. Many will want everyone to ooh and aah over their animals and agree they should be bred, even when many explain why they should not. I see this probably more on horse forums, than on dogs.

Regardless, on any/every forum, one will see many different points of view. It is up to the membership (I think) to wade through it all and decide for themselves, which might be correct thinking and which suspect.

I should end with a 'thank you', to those who run this forum. I known none of them personally but do know of the job they face each day.

Lizzie

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
erm !!! i wasn't having a go at cali!! i was thanking her 4 trying to keep it friendly !! twice she has said about keeping it friendly but others wouldn't listen !! your right forums are a great way to share pica and stories which is exaclt why i joined !! but rather than ppl welcome me and ask me questions about me and my dog i got jumped on cos of her breed and breeding !!!!!!! i don't know where that came from...all i wanted to do was say hi !! but some ppl can't see out their own bum !!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.