Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into a new harness for JoJo as I've noticed a little bald spot under his armpits from the Lupine step in we've been using. I was thinking about the Ruffwear Front Range as he is a little bit of a puller and I like the idea of multiple rings, however I came across Hurtta and really liked the look of their products and how padded they are.

Does anyone use their harnesses? I see they have one that goes horizontally across the chest and then one that goes between the legs, any pros or cons for either? How does the brand stack up against the Ruffwear Front Range?

Thanks!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
874 Posts
The dazzle harness is a lot like the Front Range. We have a TrueLove and it is almost exactly like the Front Range and we love it (Trucker is a puller and a freezer when he is scared so the back handle is wonderful to help me pick up his 60lb catatonic body) :). I have never used the multiple rings only the back ring as he is afraid of the leash in front of him but we still love it. I looked at the Padded Y-Harness but thought that it would still put to much pressure on select points when he pulled.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've tried both and had some fitting issues with the one that goes straight across the chest. The front strap isn't adjustable and I couldn't find a size that fit high enough on my dog without the belly strap digging into his armpits. Same problem with the EzyDog QuickFit, the front strap on that one does adjust but only goes from "a bit short" to "do they even know how dogs are shaped?". The ComfortFlex harnesses have a much longer front strap, but also heavier hardware. I really liked how light the leash ring was on the Hurtta harness.

I use the one that crosses between the front legs pretty much every day and it fits my little ACD girl extremely well. I tend to have fitting issues with my older guy, but the next size up fit him nicely as well. The padding is nice, but the neck doesn't adjust on that one either.

One thing I particularly like about the Hurtta harnesses is that the adjustable straps aren't fixed at the end. This basically means they have no minimum size, so a 30" harness adjusts from 30" all the way down to about 2".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.