Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. My little babe recently had an incident where our friend was watching her for a few days and on the day we picked her up our friend mentioned having stepped on her front paw and she yelled and was now limping some. We took her to the vet and they could tell the base of her pinky nail was red and irritated, but they wanted to do further X-rays and we decided to wait on it. After a few days of just hanging out not much activity to avoid bugging it and she seemed fine, swelling and redness went down great. Long post short...we noticed her being sensitive about it lately and checked it out today and it seemed like it had bled. Got a good look at it on video and saw this. Gonna take her to the vet ASAP but just wanted to reach out for some experience or answers on something like this. Normal googling wasn’t helping. Thanks guys.

Edit: I added another pic of her other bottoms of her nails, excuse them being a little long she’s been weird with cutting for the last week or so

Attachments

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Go to the vet, these injuries have a high risk of very painful and expensive infection.

My dog broke a nail and required minor surgery.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Definitely a trip to the vet. You don't need that getting infected, if it isn't already and, if it is, the vet can treat it. Sooner is always better than later with injuries.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts