Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Minnie just fell asleep beside me and she started shaking and growling and showing her teeth. Then started moving her legs slowly like she was stalking prey. I touched her and she growled but then woke up and had the I'm sorry look. What do you guys think your dog's dreams are about?

·
Registered
633 Posts
Minnie just fell asleep beside me and she started shaking and growling and showing her teeth. Then started moving her legs slowly like she was stalking prey. I touched her and she growled but then woke up and had the I'm sorry look. What do you guys think your dog's dreams are about?
I can't be sure about what Minnie was dreaming about, I don't think anyone can. My dogs do this regularly.. especially Lizzy. Growling and whimpering,her eyes rolling. I'm not sure what it is about,maybe it is their reaction to the dream? It might not necessarily be bad though :) I might be completely wrong though ;)

·
Registered
13,331 Posts
my dogs almost certainly dream of running and looking for birds or other prey! After an especially good day, with lots of "hunting" they often have especially active dreams with twitching and running!
I see no reason why, as fellow mammals, they would not be dreaming of the day's activities, just as we do. There must be a reason we mammals need to dream, so maybe that reason goes across species. ;)

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
Sometimes after a really long walk, she will zonk out and have the same mini movements as on a walk, so I wonder if she's dreaming about our loose leash training. Wouldn't that be great! :) :) Otherwise, she could be dreaming about running and things she does at home like chasing the cat. :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts