Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just discovered this forum and thought I would join. I have two 5 year old male Anatolian Shepard (Turkish Kangal) dogs one named Zipper (skinny as a rail but about 220 pounds of solid muscle) and Chubby (thick fur, actually has a bit of a mane, but is standard sized at 160 pounds). We have 5 acres and both have large fenced in runs and Air Conditioned rooms, Texas is really hell for Kangal dogs. Both have decided they are full-time inside (our house) dogs this summer.

Zipper barks at anything and everything as most all Kangals do while Chubby sneaks around behind if possible for backup.

We had Dals before these and loved our little spotted greyhounds as well, but the Kangals are, well just plain different, they don't act like normal domesticated dogs. We knew what were getting into as my wife is Turkish and has friends that breed and work them in Turkey.

I'll post pictures as soon as I have enough posts.

·
Registered
9,599 Posts
Hi, thanks for joining us.

Very interested to learn more about your dogs.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome and Howdy back from Texas...Very nice looking kids. You might want to buy a bigger pools..:D
We had two of those pools, but they always got in the same one!

We lost the pools one day. We heard a loud banging and thumping in the back yard and went to see what was happening. Zipper had decided to play Frisbee by himself with the pools. He was throwing them about 20 feet and then running after it and jumping on it. Both were holed and totally mangled by the time we got out there. After that I used them as Frisbees a couple times with Zipper but he's really not into playing fetch, he's much more into catch and mangle. He chewed all the valve handles on our pool off, chewed a hole in one of the return pipes, destroyed a wheel barrow, digs holes big enough to break your leg, grabbed a big plastic garbage can we were trying to fill with leaves and decided to play keep away. Nothing like a 200 pound dog that runs ~40 mph being playful. :happydance:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts