Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've been trying now for a few weeks to try the capture an actuon, click and treat. I'm trying to train bow by capturing because when I try to train him, he automatically goes right into the laydown position and then he'll get to the point where he will roll over or lay on his side and paw at my treat in my hand, because he doesn't know what I want so he throws me anything.

So I figured I might as well try the capture and treat. It's a great idea, but kuma doesn't seem to realize why I am clicking.

He knows I have the treats and clicker. He will go to his bed and eventually nap. When he gets up, he will do the down stretch and I'd clicker and treat.

But then, he doesn't seem to realize that him going into a bow is what I want and will go up on his hind legs and sniff around me or on the floor and he doesn't seem to understand what I want.

Do you know anyway I can train the bow a different way? Help
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Luring is great, but kuma quickly goes into a down, however, I will try the arm as a bar. I did not think of that. Thanks I'll give it a try and let you know how it goes.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Eeps so cute. Well, I managed to try out the technique and it failed. He either tried to get it over my arm or went right into a laydown.

So I improvised by using my let/feet under him and lured him down into a bow with worked. So it is the same basic idea, just improvised. Thanks again tuckersmom. Now, I'll just have to slowly remove my foot/leg over time until he's doing it himself.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.