Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw those video clips in youtube, i really love to train my dogs to perform those trick. Could anyone give me a hand here on how to train the dogs to play death?

ps: my dogs have already know the basic commands like sit, stay, down, jump, roll, turn around left/right ... etc etc.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I taught my childhood dog to play dead. I would point at her and say "bang" and she would fall over on her side. The way I did it was I'd put her in a "down", point at her and say "bang", then gently push her over onto her side. When she would lay still on her side for a couple of seconds, I'd give her a treat. I just kept repeating this until she'd do it on her own. When she had it mastered from the down position, then I'd do the same steps from the "sit", but instead of pushing her over, I'd guide her to a "down" and she knew what to do from there. She was super smart and it didn't take her long to learn.

·
Registered
11 Posts
first u have to point at their head then lightly push it down follow by pushing their butts down to make them lie flat on the floor then repeat and slowly add in the word ' bang ' then they will learn it in no time mine learn this trick in less then half an hour hehe

1 - 3 of 3 Posts