Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If there's a pattern to it, I haven't the slightest clue what it is, but maybe excitement. But he'll jump and bite at myself, my girl, my eight year old, visitors, doesn't matter who. How do I stop this?

·
Registered
455 Posts
It is perfectly normal for a puppy this young to be jumping and mouthing. It is very important he get enough stimulation in the form of playtime and exercise, a tired puppy is a good puppy. Try increasing the amount of dedicated playtime he gets.
If he jumps on you or bites you, tell him "NO" and calmly remove him from the situation for a brief "timeout" for not more than 2 minutes or so, 1 minute might even be enough. Then let him out to try again. Because he's so young this will likely take many repitions before he gets the idea that biting/jumping = no more fun, but he should eventually pick up on it if you are consistent. Again, stimulation and exercise is key, if he doesn't have enough of that he will never behave.
Best of luck.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello cookieface, my lab and dachshund are all grown now. But our dachshund just gave birth to 4 cutie pups. We will keep 1 and we we sure will be very busy with it in the coming months ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.