Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My next door neighbour is a really nice lady, she’s been living there ever since I moved in. Now she’s a big dog lover, which I respect, even though I’m not a big fan of dogs (please don’t judge me, I just never grew up around them).

For the last few weeks, each morning I’ve been finding dog poo in my lawn. I was wanting to find the culprit, so I got up early and went to the front garden to do some work.

About half an hour later, this lady came walking past with her dog (I think they’re a golden retriever, but they’re white). She notices me in the garden and begins complimenting me on my flowers. She then begins walking closer and starts asking me questions about them.

I’m keeping an eye on her dog who is sniffing the ground frantically. She goes around and pees a few times, and then assumes the poop position. This lady is not even looking at her dog and doesn’t seem to notice, she’s just going on about the roses.

I tell her that her dog has pooped on the lawn, and she says “Oh, I thought she was just doing a wee”

She then goes to rub the dog’s back and say good girl. She then goes and picks up the poo, but she wouldn’t have done it if I hadn’t said so.

I think that her behaviour is really rude, and even letting the dog pee on my lawn is disrespectful. I hate to be that person, and I understand not all dog owners are like this, but it’s really pissing me off.

How should I politely go about resolving this?

·
Registered
564 Posts
Why don't you start with telling her what you told us, namely that you would appreciate it if she would take the dogs elsewhere to do their business because you don't like finding poop on your lawn.

Personally I think it's rude not to clean up the poop too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Not cleaning up after your dog is just plain rude. My mom ALWAYS picks up after me and i really appreciate it. I also listen very well when she tells me "NO" not to poop pr pee on peoples front lawns. In suburbia It can be difficult because there are very few places with grass I can pee or poo when we go on walks. Maybe You can get a sign to put on your lawn indicating no poop or pee allowed. Also if you place a VIDEO SURVEILLANCE sign in your front window. Subtle?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts