Dog Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
( true story when Lindsey was a puppy..) Thought I would share it.
HOW ONE MOPS A KITCHEN FLOOR WITH A PUPPY AROUND..
1. Check to see is puppy is really asleep before leaving the room.
2. quietly remove the older dogs from the room.
3. look again to see if it woke up the puppy
4. Waits for puppy to go back to sleep.
5. Sneak out of the room organizing thoughts of process
6. Grabs new cleaner.
7. marvels this the first time I had to use it- pats self on back on house training.
8. steps back over the gate and clean 'mistake and feels humbled..
9. waits for her to go back to sleep and steps over gate again.
10 runs water to hot and prepares mop.
11. Starts mopping floor when I hear a noise behind. ( the gate wasn't tight enough and puppy is now loose in the kitchen.
12. sees the puppy running on the wet floor, sliding as she goes with a look of joy.
13. Starts laughing trying to get her off the wet floor before she hurts herself.
14. slips on floor and gets wet. ( no harm done).
15. carries puppy back to the gate.
16. finishes mopping and returns to room with the puppy who is now playing with the computer mouse.. lol. Chasing the ball around on the floors.
17. grabs ball to the mouse, puts it back and plays with her for a few minutes.
18. puppy goes back to sleep.
19. I sit down tired over a 30 minute event that should have taken 5 minutes... lol.

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
Hahahah that's so true!! A friend of mine at work just got a puppy, she's never had a dog before and she was just telling me what a hard time she was having cleaning-her pup keeps trying to help her!

Mikey helps me garden... :p seed inspector and digger extrodinaire :)

·
Registered
22,635 Posts

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
i've started training clover to carry things for me so atleast he isn't just sitting in the way being a nuisance
How did you train that? We are wanting to train Mikey to carry his poop bags on walks, and open the fridge to get beers for us-cuz how cool would that be?

·
Registered
22,635 Posts
lol...i don't know if i'm doing it the "right" way, but we've been working on things that he already picks up on his own...wood/sticks and his toys so he knows "take-it"(so far only with these things tho) which means to take it in his mouth, then "bring it" which means carry it....he really did help unload wood the other day...and he gets to help "pick out" his toys when we go to the pet store, but he has to carry them himself...lol...it isn't really "important" so i haven't really been working on putting everything together consistently...oh yeah and "get-it" is to pick it up from the floor/ground...he's carried a few other things too, like when we are walking home from the beach...
i'm starting a journal of all of the cues i'm trying to teach him and how i'm doing it so i can keep better track and be more consistent over-all...and i plan on working on a bunch of things when we are a bit more "house-bound" in the winter...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Banned
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I dont think a dog would carry would carry a poop bag.. After taught from early to stay away from it, and tie it though you may- they can still smell it.. You might be shooting yourself in the foot here... ( ie fascination with poop)..

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
I dont think a dog would carry would carry a poop bag..

I know it sounds weird (And I mean not to carry it around-just to the garbage bin) but we see peoples dogs doing it ALL the time here!!

They carry on the dog park trails until they get to a garbage bin -and put it in the garbage-ok totally joking they just carry it for a bit, then when they get to a garbage bin, the owner puts it in the bin!

Honestly its shameful we are one of the few who's dog does not carry his poopie bag :p LOL

lol...i don't know if i'm doing it the "right" way, but we've been working on things that he already picks up on his own...wood/sticks and his toys so he knows "take-it"(so far only with these things tho) which means to take it in his mouth, then "bring it" which means carry it....he really did help unload wood the other day...and he gets to help "pick out" his toys when we go to the pet store, but he has to carry them himself...lol...it isn't really "important" so i haven't really been working on putting everything together consistently...oh yeah and "get-it" is to pick it up from the floor/ground...he's carried a few other things too, like when we are walking home from the beach...
i'm starting a journal of all of the cues i'm trying to teach him and how i'm doing it so i can keep better track and be more consistent over-all...and i plan on working on a bunch of things when we are a bit more "house-bound" in the winter...
So a few new commands-take it, bring it-maybe add 'open it' for the fridge. :) Sounds great!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts