Dog Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
6,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i am in need of recipes that are chicken, beef, duck , vegetable, fruit and lamb free. They need to be soft and breakable and i dont own a dehydrator and no point atm in buying one due to moving overseas.

So does anyone have any recipes that will work for Jessie please?

·
Banned
6,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All grain free treats ive come across in new Zealand have vegetables or fruits in them which jess can't have. Therefore it would be more cost effective if I made some myself and less stressful long term so looking for recipe ideas.

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
The only store bought treats that I know of that she'd be able to eat are freeze dried pure meat treats or some type of jerky but all the jerky that I've seen is beef or chicken if it's just meat and the other ones have potato or fruit and vegetables in them.

Here's a link to a Tuna Fudge recipe that may work for Jessie Tuna/Salmon Fudge

Reactions: crazy

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Curious- what is her main protein source if she can't eat any of the above?

I'd look into baking some fish based treats. Just the other night one of the ladies in rally class was mentioning that her basset goes crazy for these salmon treats that she makes. She was telling another lady in the class how she did it, but I wasn't paying much attention.

FWIW, I've made beef jerky in the oven. It's sort of inconvenient so I only did it a few times, but perhaps worth a try in your case.

·
Banned
6,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What about Ziwi Peak treats? Those are out of New zealand and don't have a bunch of fruits and veggies.
We had to stop those for awhile when she got colitis to see what was causing it diet wise we figured it out. Just started the ziwipeak venison treats again which she will do anything for :rolleyes: including down but dont treat her wont do it.

Curious- what is her main protein source if she can't eat any of the above?

I'd look into baking some fish based treats. Just the other night one of the ladies in rally class was mentioning that her basset goes crazy for these salmon treats that she makes. She was telling another lady in the class how she did it, but I wasn't paying much attention.

FWIW, I've made beef jerky in the oven. It's sort of inconvenient so I only did it a few times, but perhaps worth a try in your case.
Her main protien sources are rabbit venison and tripe, rabbit and goat, green tripe. I havent tried raw fish with her after she was put on acana pacifica ugh my god not only did she get the farts but the infected anal glands so infected no antibiotics worked so got taken out.

Also not sure if tried raw beef but when she had beef food her farts were so loud and bad she ended up having loose stool well ive been put of trying it raw. Yet to try raw pork.

At cgc asssesment this lady makes her own liver treats and they looked soft but wasnt able to get recipe since we werent allowed to continue with the rest.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts