Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, well the neighbor just dragged Hunter back into the house because he had gotten out again and was getting in their trash and Amber decided that it's finally time to re-home Hunter and Levi. By the time the would get the money for the fence it would be too late and we can't figure out how to keep these dogs contained anymore.

Amber asked me to list them online and find them a good home so I was looking for some advice. Some things I need help with are:

What's some good websites to list them?
I know I need to charge a re-homing fee to ward from casual adopters, does 100 for both sound reasonable? I'd like to keep them together if possible
What are some tips for writing the actual listing?

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Don't list them online alone at all. You get too many crazy people. Contact a rescue group and ask for a courtesy posting. Most websites people post dogs on can be dangerous. You might be able to do a 'home to home' adoption through a rescue group. It's becoming more popular. It's safer and you're better off having an organization with adopter standards overseeing this.

Reactions: Sabina88

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't list them online alone at all. You get too many crazy people. Contact a rescue group and ask for a courtesy posting. Most websites people post dogs on can be dangerous. You might be able to do a 'home to home' adoption through a rescue group. It's becoming more popular. It's safer and you're better off having an organization with adopter standards overseeing this.
I just emailed the local humane society, but honestly I'm a bit skeptical of them because they were the same people who adopted out a Great Pyrnees to two nineteen year olds in a one bedroom apartment and lied to us about how big he'd get. So I'm concerned that they won't be honest to any potential adopters about how high energy and mischievous these dogs are. I don't know of any other rescue groups in my area.

·
Super Moderator
3,837 Posts
One website you can directly post the dogs on is: ― Rescue Me! ― Adopt Dogs, Cats & More ―. As Tracie mentioned, you can also contact rescue groups about posting a courtesy listing for you on www.petfinder.com and/or Adopt a dog or cat today! Search for local pets in need of a home..

When I rehomed my first dog, I sent a detailed e-mail with photos to several local rescue groups. You can find local rescue groups by doing a search on www.petfinder.com. One group was willing to do a courtesy post for me and to allow me to bring my dog to their weekend adoption events.

The most helpful rescuer helped me place my dog in a no-kill shelter, and as I've shared before, he was adopted by a couple that very day.

CL postings as well as going through your local public shelter should really be last resorts.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Well if you don't like that humane society it might be a good idea to try a different rescue that has better standards for adoption.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got a reply back from the Humane society and they said I could independently list them on their website but I wouldn't be able to use their screening process or anything like that. And I would turn to a different rescue but I don't know of any locally except the pug rescue or the various cat rescues in the area.

·
Registered
495 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.