Dog Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going on holiday in august and planning on having fun with my uncle's dog. She however is not used to toy and chews on sticks with ragged edges and stuff. How can I get her interested in a rope tuggy or KONG?

Dobergirl

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does the dog like treats? Because you can put peanut butter (which most dogs LOVE) in the inside of the Kong and the dog has to lick the inside of it for a while.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Make it the best thing in the world

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool! Yeah I was thinking peanut butter!:)

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Make it the best thing in the world

Yup!! Make a BIG giant fuss over it! Also ^ (quoted :D) (Abluedog stole what i thought! lol!!) :)

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
also, try a bunch of different things. One of my dogs loves the Kong, though has trouble getting to the end of it. My other dog is fussy. So far the only time he's finished the whole kong, is if I put a big treat in there that he has to work a bit to pull out, sour cream, and strangly enough, his normal kibble. He doesn't get excited at all by his kibble unless I make it a bit of a challenge for him to get...

As well as peanut butter you could try melted cheese, egg (I've heard of people cracking an egg in it, and chucking it the microwave for a minute), natural yoghurt, meat. If it's a hot day, most dogs will enjoy a frozen peanut butter Kong (or maybe even an ice filled Kong)

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Interesting things to put in a KONG.:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts